~ 4 ~

— ☽ —

It was the last day of the week, the last class of the day and Sunghoon couldn't be more excited to join the class. After filling himself with lunch and listening to music for a little bit, he was energized and ready to see Jak— To join English. Totally not to see Jake—

The day was full of pretending to pay attention in class, trying to write down notes which end with an empty page. Sunghoon tried to pay attention in class, he tried his best to get high grades but who could lie? They had online school at HOME, where he gets distracted every five seconds.

The clock struck 11:55 and Sunghoon rushed to join his English class with a wide smile. He moved his body along, dancing as he hummed a tune that he had been singing for a while. After joining he waved to Mrs. Hwang with a kind smile, his expression was obviously different from the first time she met him.

"Good afternoon everyone, I hope you had a good lunch!" She exclaimed to the students that joined early with Sunghoon. One of those early students happened to be the male that distracted Sunghoon last time. Jake had a hoodie over his head and a pencil in his hand, writing something down before waving at their teacher. The male always seemed to have a good mood, well at least he seemed to.

"Today well begin pair assignments! I have your pairs here" She said and held up a paper to the camera. Many people in his class groaned and others didn't care. There was a bing and he saw a chat from one of his classmates in the corner of his screen. What is the assignment about?

"You'll just be reading and discussing what the article is about. There's a form for you guys to finish together" Mrs. Hwang answered. Sunghoon just groaned under his breath as well and whispered to himself. "I hope I'm paired with Jay" He looked over at Jay just to find an empty screen, displaying his profile picture. Wow, doesn't even have his camera on.

"I've entered the groups into the chat, make sure to join the correct room" She smiled at them before muting herself. Sunghoon quickly opened the chatbox. His eyes scanned the list of names and found his name quickly as it was one of the first names. "Park Sunghoon and... Sim Jaeyun" His eyes widened. "IM PAIRED WITH JAKE" He shrieked with his mouth wide open.

Sunghoon tried to compose himself before entered the breakout room with the correct number he was assigned to. The face of Jake popping up onto the screen. It was just them two, two strangers. Well, one stranger felt more nervous than the other.

"Hi!" Jake exclaimed with a bright smile. He must've seen Sunghoon's expression as his own expression changed to a little frown. "Are you alright?" Sunghoon blushed and nodded. Damn, he's being so bashful. "Well I'm Jake, Jake Sim" There was a short silence before Sunghoon took the time to introduce himself. "I'm Sunghoon, Park Sunghoon" "It's nice to meet you Sunghoon~" Ahh that smile! That little smile made Sunghoon's cheeks burn up. "I-it's nice to meet you too, Jake"

It was so awkward but Jake tried his best to fill up the silence that Sunghoon couldn't. Sunghoon didn't say anything besides when he introduced himself. "I-I'm sorry, are you quiet because... because you didn't want me as your partner?" Jake looked sad. No, don't be sad >< "N-no! I'm sorry, I get a little shy around people I just met" Sunghoon said softly. Although that statement was true, it didn't apply to Jake. Jake as a whole, made him shy.

"N-not going to lie, my hands are shaking" Jake laughed and held up a hand to the camera to show off his hand. And sure enough, his hand shook slightly. "My heart is beating a bit fast too" Jake added and placed a hand on his chest, putting the other on his neck to check his pulse."M-me too" Sunghoon stated and showed off his hand. They truly were just two introverted people trying to not be awkward.

They stopped for a little, staring at each other. As if on cue, they both laughed at the same time. "Maybe let's just talk for a little. I skimmed through the article and the questions, it should be easy to answer. I want to get to know you Sunghoon!" Jake exclaimed. The brown-haired male looks expectantly at the camera. "Sure,"

"So tell me about yourself" They completely discarded the reason for why they were in this room by themselves. The assignment they were supposed to do together, was put off to the side just so they could talk. Talk about things not related at all to English class. "Well, I'm a figure skater and Uhm... I'm..." Sunghoon was at a loss for words. "I like to sing and dance. But I haven't done those things for a while" Jake nodded. The look on his face showed that he focused on every single word of Sunghoon's sentence.

"You are a figure skater?!" Jake exclaimed with a bright smile. This made Sunghoon smile, looking off to the side with a hand on his neck. "Y-yeah. I g-go occasionally since the ice rink opened but I haven't competed since last year" Sunghoon explained, still rubbing the back of his neck. "So, what about you Jake? What are you like"

"Well, I'm from Australia. Back in Australia, I used to play the violin and soccer but since I came to Korea, I don't really have any hobbies" Sunghoon blushed. Ah, so he's talented too. Jake looked off to the side before he gasped with a bright expression. "Wait, so you used to compete competitively?" "Yeah, I flew abroad a few times but yeah, I compete" Jake looked amazed. "I would love to see you skate one day" "Maybe when things get better-"

"Mr. Sim and Mr. Park, please get on with your work."

. . . 

2 / 16 / 21
22 : 44

I'm not sure what to say- But how was your day? Hopefully you had an amazing day <33
- MINA -