Question *Part 4/6*

Start from the beginning

Father said something to the man he was talking to and firmly shook his hand, walking towards us as the man turned away.

"Sasuke, glad to see you here on time," he commented.

My eye twitched. "That only happened once."

"It takes one mistake to tarnish your reputation in our family, son." He placed his hand on my shoulder and stared me down, before shifting his gaze to (Y/N). "Well? Are you going to introduce me?"

I shrugged his hand off. "Father, this is (Y/N) (L/N)." I turned my head to her. "And this is Fugaku Uchiha, owner of the Uchiha Corps."

"It's an honour to meet you, sir." (Y/N) slightly bowed her head.

"Likewise." He nodded and reached out his hand, palm facing upwards as a silent ask for her hand.

She placed her hand on his but before he could begin lowering his head to place a kiss on it, she tightened her grip and turned their hands around, landing in a firm handshake.

We both looked up at her in confusion, but her expression remained unchanged.

Did...did she do that on purpose? Or did she genuinely not know he was planning on kissing her hand? Is she trying to assert her dominance? With my father???

Wasn't she literally complaining about how scared she was of him? I don't understand this girl...

My father raised his brow in question but nonetheless shook her hand, matching the firm grip.

"So, you're this (Y/N) I keep on hearing about. I was wondering when I'd finally get to meet you." Their hands both retreated. "I didn't know you two were dating."

"Oh, uh—we got together not too long ago, so it's all still pretty new." She took a sip of wine before her eyes widened in realization. "Oh right! I wanted to commend you for your choice of wine, Mr. Uchiha. This is the first time I've truly enjoyed a glass."

Hah so she took my advice.

I couldn't help but smirk at her comment, which she noticed and retorted with a stomp on the foot.

My father smiled at her and tipped his glass up. "A woman of taste I see. I'm glad."

She lightly chuckled in response. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I need to use the restroom." She bowed her head slightly. "It was nice meeting you, sir."

"And I you," He nodded. "I expect to see you more often from now on, correct?"

"That's right." She smiled and nodded back at him before turning around, getting lost in the crowd.

I wonder if she knows where the washrooms are...she'll probably end up getting lost.

I stood in silence beside my father as he slowly drank his wine.

"You know," he lightly chuckled,"you're mother, on the night we met, she greeted me in the exact same way as your little friend."

I looked up at him in surprise. "Mother did?"

He nodded, a nostalgic expression on his face. "It's almost scary how similar it was. Felt like a déjà vu."

I turned away from him and looked ahead.

I mean it does make sense. Mother has always been head strong and I've always heard that she gave him a hard time at first. Their marriage was arranged, and she did everything in her power to make the elders and Father as miserable as possible, before eventually falling in love with him.

"Though it's a small action, it says a lot about her character." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "She's a good match for you, son."

I looked at him in shock.

I wasn't expected that from Father.

I didn't know what to say, so I resorted to nodding my head.

He patted my shoulder again before retreating and stepping back. "I have other guests to tend to now. You should also do the same when (Y/N) gets back." He glared at me. "And behave."

"Yes, father."

So even father approves... There's absolutely no way I can chicken out of confessing tonight now.

(Y/N)'s POV

I am so lost.

Like really, genuinely, lost.

I don't know where the washroom is, and definitely not where Sasuke is. Why do they make this place so damn complicated. It's literally a maze. I can only imagine the struggle all the drunk people face while trying to get around in here.

I've been wandering aimlessly for about 10 minutes now, and there's still no sign of a washroom or of my duck-haired date.

I hope Sasuke will be ok alone with his father. I know they don't exactly have the best relationship. But speaking of his father, I'm incredibly proud of myself for my exceptional behaviour. That took more effort than anything I've ever had to do, but it was so worth it.

Sasuke better congratulate me once I find my way and reunite with him. But for now, I need to focus on the task at hand.

As I was walking, I craned my neck to look over my shoulder and scan the room before accidentally bumping into something.

I mean, someone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wowow who do y'all think she bumped into?!? Is it big bro Itachi? Daddy Madara? Soft boy Obito? A stranger? You shall find out soon enough...

I've, once again, added another part to this story haha oops. But no worries, the final part is already written, I just have to look it over and edit some stuff, so the wait won't be too long.
This chapter was a bit short, but don't worry the last one will be longer!

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

Please like & leave a comment!

_T_H_