Chapter Seven: Convincing Samuel

Mulai dari awal

Tyler, Braedey, and Andrea talked with George about Josie. However, it seemed nearly hopeless since everyone seemed to know about Josie being head over heels for Braedey. They then decided to have Josie and Samuel meet. They found Josie with some other girls by their lockers.

"I'd like you to meet our good friend, Samuel Gemsworth." Braedey introduced Tyler's father to his mother.

Samuel put on the best suave face he could and leaned over to pick up house. "Hi, it really is a pleasure to meet you-" Samuel then grew disappointed as house went over for Braedey instead.

"How's your head?" Josie asked with a lustful look in her eyes.

"Oh, uh... Good... it's fine..." Braedey backed away nervously.

"Oh, I've been so worried about you ever since you ran off the other night." Josie sighed as Samuel walked off uncomfortably. "Are you okay?" The bell rang before Braedey could answer. "I'm sorry." Josie apologised as she went to the girls. "I have to go."

"I don't even get it." Andrea sighed. "She didn't even look at him!"

"She had her eyes locked on Braedey instead of Samuel." Tyler couldn't believe it.

"This is more serious than I thought." Dr. Brown said. "Apparently, your mother is amorously infatuated with Braedey instead of Tyler's father."

"Whoa, wait a minute." Andrea spoke up as she now realised what he said. "Are you saying that Tyler's Mom... has got the hots for Braedey?" She asked reluctantly.

"Precisely." Dr. Brown confirmed.

"Geez." Orion shuddered.

"Whoa, this is heavy..." Tyler couldn't believe this either.

"There's that word again." Dr. Brown looke to the teens. "Heavy... Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?"

"What?" The teens asked in unison.

"The only way we're going to get those two to successfully mate is if they're alone together, so you've got to get Tyler's father and mother to interact in some sort of social..." Dr. Brown wasn't sure how to explain this to them.

However, Braedey seemed to understand. "What?" He asked. "You mean like a date of sorts?"

"Right!" Dr. Brown exclaimed as the bell rang.

"But, what kind of date?" Tyler thought out loud. "What do kids do in the 80's?"

"They're your parents, you must know something," Andrea said. "Don't they have things they like to do together?"

"Nothing." Tyler shrugged to her.

"Look!" Dr. Brown showed them a blue poster that's plastered up on the wall. "There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up."