chapter 17

Ariana's POV

Counting down on the calendar was something I could never do. I was always so anxious for the holidays to come around every year.

Especially Christmas, because it was my favorite.

And then it was here. Glorious, snowy, cold, cheery Christmas. On the morning of Christmas Eve, I ran downstairs and screamed as loud as I possibly could. "Guys! WAKE UP!"

Once I reached the kitchen, I realized I was not the only one already up. Practically everyone was already awake and sitting at the table, grinning from ear to ear.

"Good morning, Ariana," Jacob muttered,"here's a cup of calm the fuck down," he said quietly as he handed me a cup of hot chocolate. I frowned, but accepted it.

"So you guys have been awake the whole time? And you never woke me up?" I asked.

"Well, you can see why," Carter laughed.

"Oops. I just get excited."

"'Oops' my ass," Cameron laughed.

We all ate a massive breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and sausage. It was perfect for a Christmas morning. After we ate, I followed the boys to the living room where we all 'ooh'ed and 'ahh'ed at the bright pine tree. It even smelled like Christmas.

We all sat around the tree and began to open gifts. As we all tore into the paper, I noticed Cameron paling slightly. He looked nervous for some reason, but I chose to ignore it.

At about noon, we finished opening presents and most of us went to watch some holiday movies that were airing on tv. I did not.

As I made my way to the kitchen, I heard the front door to the apartment open and close. I followed the cool breeze to the door and opened it.

Cameron sat outside, his head in his hands. He snapped his head up when he heard me approaching him. His eyes were read and puffy, as if he had been crying.

"Hey," Cameron smiled.

"Why are you upset?" I asked, frowning.

He looked away, his gaze following a taxi as it drove by. Cameron patted the spot next to him on the steps. I sat down.

"Every year for Christmas, my mom would get my sister and I some kind of clue game-she'd make us hunt through out the house to find our gifts. The last holiday I had with her, I told her that we were too old to keep going with the treasure hunt thing. We fought and I left."

Every day, it felt like he opened up to me more. I grabbed his hand and held it, and we just sat there for a while.

It was that kind of silence that went just right with the moment. It wasn't awkward, but it was perfect.

+

ayy what up

okay so i'm sorry it's been like 8 years haha

so that guy i like

he's so stupid

ugh i hate him

no i don't

anyways

message me if you're ever bored let's be friends ayy

love ya