Chapter 34: Reactions

Začať od začiatku

"Luca you should know before you go home that she did go through with what we discussed."

He nods his head at his mother. He was aware what all may have occurred today but wasn't sure what all actually did happen. This was confirmation that Sophia did move forward with removing her hair. He has noticed how depressed she has been lately every time she would look brush her hair. It has been eating him alive to see the once joyful girl slowly diminishing before his eyes. He was hoping spending time with his mom would help.  

"What are you talking-"

"Later sweetie," his mother cuts him off giving him a kiss on the cheek. Luca walks over kissing her cheek before shaking his fathers hand. He turns doing the same to Cami and Theo before turning back to his sister. Cassidy stands up with wide arms giving her brother a love filled hug before he walks out of the room. Hollering a faint 'love you' over his shoulder before exiting the home making quick pace to his car.

His mind set on the sole purpose of getting to Jessica's house as quickly as possible. His speed well over the posted limit but he wanted to see his Tesoro. To confirm that she was in fact okay. He arrived and practically jumped out of the car before jogging to the door. He knocked a few times before the door swung open.

"Mr. Sanford"

"Brad"

Brad stepped aside allowing him in. Luca gave him a tight smile stepping into the home. Hearing laughter coming from the kitchen, he directed his attention towards it. He stepped in and found Sophia's green orbs snapping to him. He walks over to her feeling stiff worried for her reaction. A beautiful smile lights up her face instantly melting his concerns away. She stands with her arms ready as he moves quickly hugging her. His arms ensnaring her as closely as possible inhaling her heavenly scent.

AHEM

Sophia jumps slightly startled by the very exaggerated cough. He turns to find her sister sitting with Destiny on her lap giving him a knowing smirk. He releases her and just then realizes that she in fact still has hair. His brows furrow in confusion as he reaches for the strand circling it around his finger. Sophia's eye following the movement with a small smile on her lips. Her hand reaching over his enclosing it making his eyes look back to her. She leans forward pecking his lips making him blink before a smile lights up his face.

"Good to see you too Mr. Sanford. How am I do you ask? Well thank you I am doing splendidly."

Sophia laughs and Luca chuckles turning to Jessica. "Hello Jessica, how was your day at the beach?"

"It was great, Destiny loves the ocean."

He releases Sophia walking over to the little princess. Her big eyes looking up at him already. Jessica easily passes her over to him. He cradles her looking down at the beautiful baby with a gentle smile. Sophia comes up behind him laying her head on his arm looking down at her as well.

"Hey sis, we're going to head home"

His heart swelled yet again hearing how she referred to their house as her home. She has said it a few times but it just excites him how the place is quickly evolving to be more cozy and home. It all is due to the new light that his love brings to the place.

"Alright Soph, love you"

Sophia leaves his side to step over kissing her sister and hugging her. She turns around to him still holding Destiny but he feels a tap to his shoulder. He eyes drifting behind him where Brad is standing looking down at the baby. Luca outstretches her and he instantly takes her cuddling her to his chest. His brow raising wondering if he is the father or not to little Destiny.

"Brad behave!" Sophia says walking over to kiss his cheek. Brad turns doing the same to her.

"You too Baby Soph"

With that Luca feels her take his hand and tug him towards the door. He waves at Jessica and nods at Brad as he passes them. Sophia continues pulling him until they get to the door. She opens and yanks him out making him stumble slightly. He chuckles straightening himself out as she closes the door to the house. She turns to him with a breathtaking smile before throwing her arms around his shoulders and crashing her lips to his. He freezes for a split second before reciprocating with just as much desire. He felt his lungs burned but didn't want to relent.

She finally pulled back breathing heavily but with a beaming smile. "I've missed you."

He smiles before wrapping her in his arms again taking her lips softly this time. One arm around her waist and the other cupping the soft skin of her cheek. He pulled back only to find her eyes glazed over and he has to resist to continue. "I've missed you to love."

She smiles leaning her forehead against his. His hand going to the back of her head keeping her in place. His finger unconsciously running through the red tendrils that he was not expecting to see. They both kept their eyes closed and just enjoyed the moment of comfort.

"Let's go home Luca"

He nodded his head and stepped back just enough to still hold her waist and walk back to his car. He helped her climb in before going to the driver side. He slid in and felt Sophia reach for his hand bringing it to her lap. A gentle smile lit his lips making him relax more. It was clear that she had no ill will towards his actions but he still wanted to discuss her hair once they got back home. He thought it could be a wig but it felt to real and didn't look like one.

The arrived home shortly and were arm in arm going through the complex to their door. Once inside, he drops his keys near the door on the table turning to find Sophia sliding her shoes off. He smirked and snatched her up making her yelp before realizing what he was doing. Her small hand slap his chest gently as she laid against his shoulder. He carried her all the way upstairs before laying her gently on the bed. His body moving to lay beside her. She moved to lay down so they were both facing each other as the silence enveloping them both.

Luca couldn't help but stare into the depths of those emeralds before his eyes drifted to the spackle of freckles over the bridge of her nose going to her cheeks. A beautiful pink hue already painted on them. Her soft lightly brushed red lips currently at the mercy of her teeth as she seems to be wanting to say something.

"Tell me about your day love."

 "I was nervous spending the day with the women who mean so much to you... but they were nothing but kind." Luca smiles mentally thanking his family yet again. "We went shopping then we went to the salon..."

Her words drifting off as she bites her lip touching the hair. His eyes watching the movement as her hand hesitates for a moment. Releasing a deep breath, she pulls and the wig comes off. His eyes looking deep into hers and he can see her fear. He slowly reaches for bringing his hand to her head. Her eyes remaining locked on his gaging his reaction. He rubs his hand down her now shaved head feeling the short hairs brush against his palm. He watches as she closes her eyes and a single tear runs down her cheek. He continues down to the base of her before grasping it.

"You are beautiful Sophia"

Her watery eyes snap open once again searching his eyes. He gives a small smile before leaning forward placing his lips against hers. No movement occurs from either before he pulls back and sees the tears falling freely.

"Luca you couldn't possibly mean th-"

"Absa-fucking-lutely."

He crashes his lips to hers and that evening he shows her EXACTLY how beautiful she is. He was proud of her and what she is going through. It's not easy and this was a big step for her. Hair or no hair, this was his other half... and he loved her.