31. Bonus Chapter

Start from the beginning

Mahrukh left the room of her son, heading towards the room of her daughter. Malika was an exact copy of her. She shared almost all the same interests as her. Reason why they were so close to each other. Unlike what the stereotype was of being a daddy's girl, Malika was closer to her mother.

Now that was saying something. Considering that both the sibling shared an amazing bond with their father. Zain was the kind of father who never imposed his beliefs on anyone. He had given his children free reign. Obviously, they were kept in check. Making sure that they did not step out of line. But he was an outstanding father, through and through.

"Malika meri shehzadi utha jao!" Mahrukh gently shook her by the shoulder.
Her daughter though, being as lazy as a sloth, only moved herself further into the hundreds of soft cushions that rested on her bed. It was a weird quirk of hers. Anytime her father or chachu went anywhere, she would ask them to bring her a small cushion. She loved collecting them. Claiming that the designs on each cushion reminded her of how big the world was.

"Malika dekho eid ka din hai! Uth jao! Beta billo ko khana nahi dena aj?" Hearing the name billo Malika sat up straight.
"Mein tou bhul hi gai thi mama! Ap meray kapray nikal dein mein mun haath dho kar aati hun!" She kissed her mother's cheeks.
Malika was glad that she had showered the night before.

Billo was a white sheep. When she was a little girl she had learnt about sheep's and had absolutely fallen in love with them. So it came as no surprise when she demanded her grandfather get her one. And well, the men in this house had no power infront of the little queen. They could only agree to it all silently. Lo and behold, the next day stood in their home a month old sheep. With white fur and blue eyes. Staring in your soul. Little Malika had named her billo and since then, she was a part of the family. No questions asked.

Mahrukh after waking both her children up, finally entered her bedroom. Only to find her husband sulking infront of their large vanity.
"Zain apko kia huwa hai?" She had left him happy and content a few minutes ago.
"Arey meri biwi apnay bachun keh agay hume kuch samajhti hi nahin," he let out a sad sigh.
Mahrukh giggled, this was Zain's daily routine. Even at the age of fifty he hated when she would give anyone else more attention than him.

"Zain ap bhi na!" She blushed.
Walking into his open arms. Resting her cheeks on his well built chest. She looked up at his face. He was, to her, the same man she had married around twenty years ago. Nothing had changed. He was still the man who stood behind her. Shielding her from all the cruelty around them.

Zain bent down, kissing his wife deeply. Letting his tounge explore her mouth. He broke away a few seconds later. Smiling down at the woman who was a blushing mess.
"Acha meri jaan namaz keh liye ja raha hun. Ziada kaam na karna. Jaise hi qurbani ho gi, mein ap keh liye kalajie bheej wa dun ga!"
Saying that Zain left the room, leaving Mahrukh to her own devices.

Mahrukh got dressed in a beige shalwar kaamez. Lightly curling the ends of her hair. Applying some light makeup and spritz-ing her favourite perfume. She headed out, entering the large kitchen.

They had shifted back into the main area of the haveli a few years ago. On the insistence of Aliya. She had lost her husband and so wanted both her sons around her at all times. Unfortunately, she passed away not long after. Leaving everyone alone. A void filling their hearts. Yet they were happy. They knew Aliya had lived a happy life and now it was time to part with this world. The worls that was temporary.