35 - Never Be The Same

Start from the beginning

"We're trying to stop this deal, you should know that. Why are you here? Where the hell have you been?" he asked as his hands slowly started to lower to his side. His mind was racing with the possibilities of what was happening right now. Why was she acting like she didn't know him? Was she with Ganghan now? What had they done to her?

"I'm preventing people like you from stopping it, so get on your knees," she replied, ignoring his other question as she continued to glare at him.

"People like me? You mean like us?" he said as he pointed back and forth between the two of them, his anger starting to rise within him

"I am nothing like you. Now, ON YOUR KNEES!" Charlie shouted and Jungkook once again raised his hands, slowly lowering himself to the floor. Charlie walked closer to him, keeping her gun pointed at him.

"I know you won't pull that trigger," he confidently said, his eyes never leaving hers.

"Oh yeah, and why is that?" she questioned as she pressed the barrel of the gun against his forehead.

"Because we have been through too much together. I don't know what's gotten into you, but we're best friends Char." Jungkook's eyes were pleading for the woman in front of him to realize what she was doing, to stop her from pulling the trigger. What the hell is wrong with her?

"I told you that I don't know you, so there's no way you know me." Charlie took a couple steps back, still keeping her gun pointed at Jungkook before grabbing her radio from her waist. "Hey, Ryder," she said into the radio.

"You have a scar on your right hip," Jungkook quickly said, clenching his jaw as he waited for a reaction, which he definitely got.

She looked at him with wide eyes. "How the hell do you know that?" she asked him, the panic clear in her voice. He noticed the slight fear in her eyes and his worry grew at her anxious demeanor. Does she really not remember?

"Because I was there when it happened. I was the one who tried to stitch you up and did a really bad job," he explained, chuckling a little as he recalled the memory from their teenage days. He tried to subdue the next memory that crossed his mind, the one of her laying next to him as his fingers brushed against her bare skin, against the scar.

Jungkook watched as Charlie lowered her gun and grabbed her head, wincing in pain.

"Are you ok?" Jungkook frantically stood up and walked towards Charlie, worried about her well-being.

"Stop!" she shouted as she continued to hold her head, causing him to halt his steps as he gave her the space she asked for. He clenched his fists, fighting the urge to wrap his arms around her.

"Charlie, you good?" he heard over her radio. Charlie grabbed it and held it to her mouth, about to speak, but her eyes met his once more. He didn't know if his Charlie was still in there somewhere, but he needed more time with her. He shook his head, silently pleading with her to not give away their position.

"False alarm, I'm good," she said and clipped the radio back to her belt.

"Thank you." He breathed out a sigh of relief

"I didn't do it for you," she harshly replied. "Tell me, who're you working for?" she asked, keeping a hardened expression as she waited for him to speak.

"Bangtan," he replied. "It's who you work for as well."

She shook her head before speaking up. "I work for Ganghan, always have and always will."

"What are you talking about? What the fuck did they do to you? You were the be-"

"Charlie, need you on the west side," Charlie's partner said through the radio. Jungkook looked at the radio and then at her.