3 - The Werewolf King

(Been proofread)

??? POV (you find out in this chapter)

She was beautiful, a little on the small side and I wondered what her age was. Across the room I caught sight of a woman, dressed in white with hair that cascaded down her back and it swung lightly as she turned away from Cressida and I. The woman, although short in stature, was definably a woman based on her physical appearance alone.

From the inwards curve of her waist that came out noticeably at the hips, from her flowy gown to her bust that was full and perky and threatened to slip out from the the v-line of her dress if she wasn't careful.

"And that's Madeline, Alpha Falkov's youngest daughter." Cressida concluded. I continued to watch the young lioness, Madeline, as she faced our direction once again, visibly shocked to realise I had caught her.

"She's a werecat?" I inquired, she broke eye contact with me and darted to the direction of her father, who stood amongst the Elf king, the Serpent King and the Vampire king's partner, socialising as if he weren't an illegitimate leader. It was known amongst the entire supernatural world how Alpha Falkov forced his mate out of leadership, a sacred tradition amongst the feline race that even I would have respected, so that he could attempt to amount to the same power that my own kind has, where Leadership was ruled by men and the dominant nature allowed for the prosperity of the clan to host stronger fighters. Not that his fighters weren't strong already.

"That she is." Cressida approved. "Although, she happens to be treated as a runt of the litter if you know what I mean." She insinuated, I only took that in one context. "So she's a weak she-cat?" I inquired, trying to keep my curiosity for this woman as inconspicuous as possible. Her scent that overcame me when she entered the room, it was a fresh smell of lemongrass mixed with something I could quite comprehend unless I got closer, the scent overwhelmed my senses in a way I couldn't shake so easily.

Cressida giggled. "No, in fact I believe she's a lot stronger than the rest of her family. Darren keeps her on a short leash and it's disappointing to have such an outspoken individual held down by an unappreciative leader." She chimed, I glanced at her as she took a sip of her rosé.

"It's a pleasure to see you again. And you Calla." I dismissed, disinterested in discussion with them any longer. I caught sight of Zaros Eldon, the Vampire Leader and began to pace towards him when Cressida spoke to me once more. "Oh and King Demetrius?" She called.

I faced her, expressionless. "Yes?" I asked, her smile didn't falter as she stared me down. "Your interest in the she-cat is a dangerous one."

I ignored the High Priestess who had caught on quickly to my fixation on the young lioness.

As I approached my old Vampire friend, who was at the bar ordering himself a beverage, a moment of weakness in my senses transpired as the weight of a body colliding into mine from the side caught my attention, I would usually move out of the way in time. I stared down, ready to castrate the person who had invaded my personal space when I met the gaze of the she-cat, staring up at me in astonishment. In that moment I caught onto the scent I had been failing to recognise, it was mint.

Her eyes caught me off guard, I'd never looked into the eyes of a Werecat before, they were like pools of
Liquid gold.

As our eyes met it was as though her gaze alone impacted my body at full throttle and my lungs became empty of air, my nostrils flared in an attempt to compose myself and I noticed as she stepped back and bowed her head. "My apologies sir, I didn't mean to trip over my own feet just now, I'm just not used to wearing heels this long." She giggled at the end. I didn't dare utter a word.