22) "Who are you?"

Start from the beginning

I stare at her, "So you're not mad at me?"

There's a pause again as she looks down at her hands in her lap.

"Can you promise me that you'll only do what you need to protect yourself? Nothing more." She asks, I clear my throat.

"I promise." I say.

Adrienne gets up from the bed before speaking again.

"We should get in the shower, so I can help you clean that up." She says, her voice is still low, and she hasn't looked at me anymore since earlier.

"Igh." I say, as she walks out of the bedroom.

Adrienne

I stand in the shower, letting the water run over me. A loc falls out of my bun, making me reach up and tuck it back in.

A few minutes pass by before Tupac comes in, he steps into the shower facing me, but my eyes stay glued to my feet as he pulls the curtain closed.

He places a hand on my cheek before gently lifting my chin, that's when I see his wound. He was definitely shot, and I find myself trying not to think too hard about what happened to whoever did that to him.

Our gazes meet and my breath gets caught in my throat briefly.

"I love you." He says.

He loves me?

Is he sure?

"You put ya ass on the line for me the other day, and it made me realize that me and you, we got something special, something ion think I could live without now."

I keep silent, not knowing what to say.

"You don't have to say it back, cause I know you probably still don't fully trust me, and that's igh, I'll have to earn it back.. but I just wanted to tell you, so you know you not getting rid of me anytime soon." He says, I give him a small smile.

I know I love him, but I'm gonna wait.. I just think I should.