2 - The Divine Coven

The gif is was i pictured Calla to look similar to :)

(Been proofread)

"My dear it is so wonderful to see you again." My father chirped as he greeted the elderly lady with a light peck on the cheek. She giggled and returned the peck as they greeted one another.

The Divine Coven was far from what I had expected, as we traveled up to the large building to meet with The High Priestess I hadn't seen a single witch or wizard, were they nocturnal or something?

The house however was beautiful, it slightly resembled a cottage against a large mountain but if you looked close enough you could see the tiny windows planted within the mountain itself, leading me to believe the entire thing was one building that was being hidden discreetly.

"Who's the old lady?" I whispered to Mika, who was standing aside me with her hands clasped together pointed at the ground with a light smile on her face, but as my comment made its way to her ears the smile dropped and she sent a criticising glance in my direction. "Don't be stupid Madi, The High Priestess is not some old lady." she hissed. But before I could answer our father called to us and we departed from the side of the car and towards the small steps of the front entrance.

"Cressida, these are my two daughters," he gestured and the old lady, Cressida, who followed his hand and looked at us with eager eyes. "Mika is my eldest and the next Sol of Lightmane Pride, I felt it was important for her to come with me to experience this as she is the heir to my thrown." My father introduced, I stood awkwardly next to my sister and she bowed slightly in respect to the Witch Leader.

However the High Priestess responded with a simple "pleasure" as her gaze fell on me, perplexity dashed quickly through her eyes as her lips tipped up in a small grin. "I can feel the indifference rolling off you in waves young lioness, is this not an exciting moment for you to be here in front of my presence." She queried.

I glanced at my father who was already watching me with a threatening glare, hoping I wouldn't say anything to offend the High Priestess. Instead, I met her gaze and smiled politely at her. "It's an honour to be here and to experience this, as the youngest child of my father I don't often get to be included with his work."

"This is Madeline," my father interjected when the High Priestess remained silent, a watchful gaze stuck on me as if monitoring me for a break in my composure. "I assure you she will be on her best behaviour while visiting, as my daughter she knows her responsibilities and the importance of my role as a leader." He stammered.

"I like her, she's not intimidated by a High Priestess Witch standing before her, I don't think she will be as much of an issue while visiting as you're making her out to be."

My father chuckled half heartedly, my sister following suit as if there had been a joke made, there hadn't been. "Yes well she's only here because Helena decided on it." My father excused.

This pinched a nerve for me, my father's lack of sincerity towards me never failed to hurt my feelings. I was his daughter, not another pride member. Yes there was a contrasting difference between my sister and I but have a little faith in me, I understand how important this trip is.

It was no secret to me that my father picked favourites, Mika was top tier on his list, he was indifferent about my brothers Michael and Mitchell because they neither got on his nerves or disappointed him as a parent. But I was the black sheep, the outspoken Falkov who always stirred trouble, the one who stood up to the injustices of the sibling hierarchy.

The only person who respected me was my mother, her gentle soul who always supported me. She loved all her children, without favouritism or criticism, in her eyes we were all perfect.