"You're a dick," Spencer muttered, crossing him as she sat on her bed. He could look through the stupid thing - Spencer didn't even care. There was nothing new in there, anyway. Nothing incriminating or emotional - just stupid, shallow stuff from before.

Before the serious.

"Now, dragă, don't be rude," Pietro chided, and Spencer peered at him from over her tablet. Pietro had turned back to her desk, rummaging through her things.

"What does that mean?" Spencer questioned. He didn't reply. "That word - what does it mean?"

"Rude?" Pietro said, not turning back to her. "It's what you are."

"Not that," Spencer said, irritatedly. "The other word. It's not English."

"Oh," Pietro said, turning to her. "You will have to specify, dragă."

"That!" Spencer exclaimed, getting more annoyed with him. "That word - the last thing you said. What does it mean?"

Pietro paused. Then he peered at her, quizzically. "Why won't you say it?" Pietro asked, trying to read Spencer's expression, which was growing red by the second. "Are you afraid it's a curse?"

Spencer paused. No, she did not think it was a curse. She rolled her eyes. She said earnestly, "Get out of my room."

"Now that I think of it," Pietro continued like Spencer had said nothing at all. "I have never heard you say my name. Not once."

Spencer froze. Of course, she lets one person in her room and they deep analyze all of her actions. Great. She should put a deadbolt on the door.

"Are you afraid to say it?" Pietro realized, incredulously. "Say it, Banner. Say 'Pietro'."

"Why should I?" Spencer argued. "You only call me Banner."

Pietro watched her for a moment. "Spencer," he said, an offering.

Spencer looked at him and rolled her eyes, letting her hair curtain her red cheeks.

"Oh, that is not fair," Pietro argued, gaining Spencer's eyes again. "Try it, at least. I promise. I will not make fun."

Spencer studied his face for a second. He's grinning but he seemed almost...genuine.

"Pietr-ro," Spencer said, stupidly trying to roll the "r" like Wanda and stuttering on it instead.

It's not like mattered, anyway. Pietro just grinned, widely.

Spencer threw a book at him. He caught it, of course, but it felt good anyway.

"You're almost there," he promised. "Try it again. Don't stress the 'r'."

Spencer stared at him.

Pietro gestured for her to try it.

"Pietro," she said, lamely, feeling like she was in that speech therapy class she had to take as a kid. Pietro grinned. "Happy?" she guessed, looking down at her tablet, before looking up. "You never explained the other word."

Pietro blinked. "What word?" he said, faking innocence.

Spencer stared at him, but before she could decide if it was worth trying it out, there was a knock at the door.

She looked between Pietro and the door.

"Relax," he said. "It's just Wanda."

"The point is that nobody is supposed to be here," Spencer said as Pietro stood up. "Not even you - leave."

Pietro gave her a look. "Finish your rabbit food," he suggested dismissively, before opening the door.

Spencer had the urge to throw a tablet at his head now that he was looking away. Maybe it would actually land.

"Pietro, hi," Wanda said, surprised when her brother opened the door. She peered around his shoulder. "Hi."

Spencer shifted nearer the window, still on her bed. "Hi," she said, softly.

"I was just..." Wanda started, trailing off to meet eyes with Pietro. There was a pause. "Am I interrupting something?"

"No," Spencer stated harshly.

"No," Pietro said, nonchalantly.

Wanda suppressed a smile.

"Come in," Pietro said, opening Spencer's door wider as the girl glared him down with daggers. Without even looking at Spencer, Pietro replied, "Be nice, dragă. You couldn't hurt her if you wanted to."

Wanda raised an eyebrow at her twin. "dragă?"

Spencer shot up in bed, staring at the two, demanding, "What the hell does that mean?"

Wanda pretended not to hear the question. Pietro just grinned some more.

"How are you feeling?" Wanda asked, switching the conversation.

Pietro peered at his sister. "Stupid question."

"Not a stupid question," Spencer denied, glaring at Pietro." Like shit," she replied. "Apparently I look the part, too."

Wanda tilted her head, trying to think of something to say, but Pietro was suppressing a laugh.

"Did you call her a piece of shit?" Wanda demanded lowly from her brother. Pietro just grinned and suppressed a laugh as Wanda slapped his arm. "I'm sorry my brother is a jerk today," Wanda told her. "I heard what happened," she added, softer. "I'm sorry you found out that way."

Spencer shrugged. She didn't want to think about it, so she brushed it off with, "It's probably better than finding out when I've punched in your brother's head."

Wanda laughed.

Pietro stared at Spencer, feigning betrayal. "Not nice," he said.

Spencer flipped him off.

With her hands in her lap, Spencer asked, "How is Peter doing?"

"He misses you," Wanda admitted. "Has tried to get Banner to force you out of the room."

Spencer wouldn't admit it, but that's actually kind of nice. Not that bruce had any such power, but nice sentiment.

"I think he likes you," Pietro added in, somehow finding the stash of Spencer's chips. She made a noise of annoyance, but he doesn't acknowledge it. "He gets his puppy eyes when Bruce says-"

"Pietro," Wanda warned.

Spencer looked between the two of them. "When Bruce said what?" she pressed.

"Bruce said that things might change for you," Pietro explained with a shrug of his shoulders. "If they don't figure out what is your problem."

"My problem," Spencer repeated.

"My brother took creative liberties with that wording," Wanda promised, kicking at Pietro's shins. He dodged, quickly. "I can tell you're tired," Wanda said, standing up from the desk chair she had occupied. "Goodnight, Spencer. I hope to see you soon."

Wanda left in seconds, and Pietro placed the bag of chips down. He gave Spencer a look of goodbye.

"Pietro," Spencer called, making the boy stop in his tracks. "W-what does it mean?"

Pietro just smiled. Softly. It was weird. Super weird to see him do anything but grin or look angry. He didn't answer, he just said, "Goodnight, Spencer."