Freed

Chapter title: Freed
Edited
============================

It has exactly been 5 days since the 4 brats we're rescued and the infirmary has never been this loud when they finally woke up.

"MEAT!!"

"Oi Luffy shut up!"

"But Ace! I'm hungry!"

"We know but you should rest first. You don't want to reopen your wounds do you?"

Marco chuckled and looked fondly at the kids. They were a rowdy bunch but he can tell that they look out for each other, especially the two overprotective brothers. It's obvious that they care about their brother deeply. I mean who won't like the sunshine? Despite suffering from heavy bruises and hunger he still smiles.

Marco can't help but notice that when everytime Luffy smiles, Sabo and Ace have that pained look. He doesn't know why they feel like that but he's sure they'll figure it out sooner or later.

"Ne~ Mr. Pineapple where's Yuki?" Marco heard Ace and Sabo snicker and glanced at them. The two brats were covering their mouth, shoulders shaking. "She's in another room yoi. Still unconscious but she's doing good."

"When will she wake up? I miss her." Luffy pouted and his brothers hugged him and tried to reassure him. "It's okay Lu, she's just really tired right now and needs to rest. We can wait for her but we should focus on resting too so when she wakes up she won't worry about us being injured." Sabo started petting Luffy's head. "Besides isn't she strong?" "Yeah!" "See she'll be alright."

Marco smiled warmly at the sight. He can't help but feel proud. Proud that they stayed strong and never lost hope while waiting for each other. "They're adorable aren't they?" He glanced at his right and saw Thatch. He returned his gaze to the now dozing off brothers. "Yeah"

"As much as I want to watch them with you we need to report. I'm also sure that I'm not the only one who wants them to stay." Marco nodded before walking out the room. "Let's go then yoi."

---------------(I. am. a. line) --------------

Whitebeard was sitting on his 'throne', wires attached to his body. He may be sick but he is as strong as ever. He tried to take a swig of sake when the nurse turned her back at him but was caught and his big bottle of sake was taken away from him. He then saw Marco and Thatch walking towards him.

"My sons how are the brats?" "They're fine yoi. Just fell asleep before we came here." "Is that so?" Silence took over and Whitebeard noticed Marco looked hesitant. He looked at Thatch and he also look the same.

"Gurararara! Why are you hesitating? Is this about the brats?" Marco sighed while Thatch looked embarassed. "Pops is it okay if we asked them to stay on the ship?" Whitebeard raised an eyebrow. "I am perfectly fine with that but you should ask them if they want to, though they're already my sons and daughter the moment you brought them on the ship."

"Really? We're not going to leave them on the next island yoi?" Marco asked confused. "We can do that too but considering their health, we can't just leave them alone. Though I'm worried on how the others will react but I'm sure they'll warm up to them eventually gurarararara!"

"They're really staying?!" Thatch asked excitedly. "Only if they want to yoi. Didn't you hear Pops? We need to ask first. Make them comfortable and not scare them." "I know that Mr. Pineapple!" Thatch shouted teasingly. Marco glared at him while the others tried to hide their laughter including Whitebeard who was grinning widely.

"Come again yoi?" "Oh no! MamaPineapple is mad!" Marco turned to his phoenix form while Thatch made a run for it. "Aaaahhh! Help me! The flaming turkey is chasing me!" Thatch ran around the deck while the others were laughing at them. Marco dived and caught Thatch with his talons before throwing him in the ocean. "Have fun swimming yoi!" Marco landed smoothly at the deck just as Bay walked out the door and towards Whitebeard.

"Hello my daughter." "Hey Pops." Bay sat down at the front of Whitebeard, looking tired. "Are you okay child? You look tired. Did something happen?" He asked worriedly. Bay waved her hand dismissingly. "Nothing happened Pops, just didn't sleep early. I checked the childrens health and all of them are malnourished. All of them are too short for their age unless it's because of their genes. Ace has many bruises and whip lashes on his body. Some of them might scar same goes to Sabo but not as much as Ace's." Bay sighed and closed her eyes.

"I'm guessing that Ace tried taking most of the blow for his brothers. Luffy doesn't have any scars except for the one under his left eye which has been there for long before they became slaves. Yuki...... Yuki was in the brink of death when Marco brought her in. She lost too much blood. Her arms, back and feet were bruised and scarred. Her left leg was broken and been unconscious since then." Thatch was climbing on board while Marco handed Bay a hot chocolate, her favorite drink. Bay smiled greatfully before taking a sip.

It was silent taking in the information before Bay spoke again. "Don't worry though they're recovering quickly. They just need lots of rest and food."
She looked at Thatch who was squeezing his too dry. "Speaking of food. You should give me the details about their health. Of what they should and not eat. But before that I need to change, MamaBird will complain again." "One" Marco said and Thatch vanished. What a magician.

"So.........." They looked at Bay. "So?" Whitebeard raised an eyebrow looking at his daughter patiently. "Are we keeping them Oyaji?" Bay looked at Whitebeard with expectant eyes almost like a puppy eyes.

"Gurarararara cheeky brats."