Sabo finally started drinking the water. After that Ace opened the paperbag and gave Sabo chicken. Sabo didn't wait and latched at the chicken while Ace was smiling. "Hey slow down or you might choke." It's been a year and Luffy still wasn't with them. At first both of them we're so lost but when they heard their little brother screaming they ran to where they heard it but was caught by the guards.

They promised themselves that they'll be strong for their brother and hoped that Luffy didn't forget them.

"I'm gonna kill those bastards." Both boys flinched when they heard someone talking. They looked at the cell next to them and saw a man with weird hair, chains around him. But what scared them was the look on his face. It was cold and murderous. It suddenly disappeared when the man noticed Ace and Sabo looking at him scared.

"Oh hey sorry I didn't mean to startle you." The man said smiling a little. Ace just nodded and shielded Sabo away from the man's view. The man smiled amusedly, fakely probably, before frowning again. "Hey are you okay?" The question was directed to the blonde who was having a hard time breathing. "No he's clearly not." The ravenette said sarcastically then the blonde hit his arm. "Who are you anyways?"

"Ah how could I forget! I'm Thatch nice to meetcha!" Thatch grinned at them, then the brother's thought of Luffy. "Oi aren't you going to introduce yourself?" Ace looked at Sabo before hesitantly told their names. "I'm Ace and this is Sabo." Sabo suddenly coughed and Ace directed his full attention to the blonde.

Thatch observed them, Ace's body was full of bruises ranging from red to purple. His hair was sticking to his skin. Too skinny for Thatch's liking same goes to the blonde. Sabo was wheezing, the left side of his face was burned, forehead until his cheek.
Both of their hair is unkept. Thatch can see some bruises on the blonde too and he can't help but grit his teeth. 'I'm really going to fuck them up.'

"Hey kid, how long have you've been here?" Thatch noticed Ace flinched before reluctantly answering him. "Nearly 2 years, to be exact 1 year and 9 months. Why?" Ace squinted suspiciouslh at him. Thatch shrugged. "Just wanted to know." 'Please hurry Oyaji.' The thought lingered in Thatch's mind while staring at the two children beside him.

Luffy was covering his ears while whimpering. They we're hurting Yuki. Luffy wanted to scream and shout, to yell at them to stop but he didn't because Yuki said so.

'Hey Luffy, when someone is entering my room try not to shout okay?'

'Why?'

'Because if they hear you, they will hurt you too and I don't like that. It's for your safety Luffy. Understand?'

Luffy frowned but nodded as if Yuki could see him nodding.

'Don't worry Lu I'm going to be fine. I'm strong so don't worry.'

The noices stop and Luffy ran to the wall. "Yuki! Are you okay?!" He heard coughing before he heard her voice. "Y-yeah Lu, I-I'm fine. I just need to rest for a bit." Luffy sniffed and wiped his tears away. "Are you sure?" "Yes Lu. I'm going to sleep for a little okay? Just shout for me if you hear something." Luffg frowned but complied. Yuki need rest.

"Okay."

Yuki lost her consciousness and Luffy tried and reached for her hand. When he touched it he smelled a stange smell but he still held her hand. It was wet and his grip tightened. He knew it was blood but didn't think about it. He just wanted Yuki to be safe. 'Ace, Sabo where are you?'

It was night time, Ace and Sabo we're leaning to each other's side and Thatch watched them with warmth in his eyes. It's been a week since their first conversation and after a little bit of coaxing and shouting from the ravenette, they told him that they have a little brother named Luffy who they didn't see for about a year or so. Told him that he was does stupid things sometimes but his smile can lighten up your day by a million. When Thatch saw they're smile while telling him these, he can't help but feel his heart ache.