A child with the blues

Start from the beginning

"No, that's definitely his type. But y'all don't seem..."

"Yeah..." Chey concurred.

"Well we not together, really. We was only in the talking stage..."

"Damn." Cobe responded.

"Girl at least you made it to the damn talking stage. Cecil was a fucking stranger." Chey congraduplained, earring cringe looks from both peers. "Yeah... I don't regret it though. I picked a fine ass stranger who got a little money so." She mumbled, reassuring herself of her choice as she often has to.

"Don't tell me you a gold digger." Cobe said.

"Nigga, if i was a gold digger Cecil ass would be on child support and I wouldn't be stuck living with my old ass grandparents listening to they slick ass comments about me and my child."

"I would still put his ass on child support. It's not like he's there everyday. Shit, he could at least put you up in sumn nice." Cobe added.

"I know that's right, Cobe. I wish I would be with a baller and still living with my people. I beat his mutherfucking ass. Trifling ass hoe." Sadé said.

"I actually been thinking about moving out here." Chey said, excitedly only to be shut down.

"Noooo." Cobe and Sadé said in unison.

"Hell nawl. Don't take that little beautiful boy from the only place he knows. Plus Detroit is way worse than Brooklyn babe. Like I said before, where's the home training around here? " sadé said.

"Woah woah what? You stay talking shit girl." Cobe defended.

"I'm just saying, it seem like too many motherfuckas around here aint shit." Sadé defended.

"We don't need no judgement from anybody who grew up in New York. That's where the crackheads reside." Cobe retorted.

"You know you crossing the motherfucking line, right? I hop my pregnant ass across this table and choke you the fuck out with my swollen ass fingers, nigga try me."

"I think I'm pregnant." Chey interrupted.

"Scu'me?" Sadé said completely turning her attention to the emotional older girl before her.

"I can't stop crying, I'm hungry as fuck and my titties hurt." She whined, her face all squished up. She hiccuped as she began crying a little bit harder. "I been sick every morning but it could just be from the water up here. My granny always told me that your body has to adjust when you drink the water from a different state."

"Boo, you ain't take a test?" Sadé cooed.

"I'm scared. I don't want to go the through this shit all over again."

"Awee poo.. imma go to the store right now and we gone see alright?"

"Nooo. I don't wanna do this again."

"I uh... I can go get it." Cobe offered wanting any excuse to leave the room. Sadé nodded her head as she got up to console the older girl. "Get like four or five if you can." She said.

9:32pm
Cobe and Sadé sat outside of the bathroom waiting for Cheyenne to bear the news when Cecil came walking through the front door instantly noticing the twosome camping outside of the bathroom.  "What y'all doing? This the weirdest shit I ever seen."

"Where you been at?" Cobe asked.

"Took my son to the zoo. I learned that this kid is scared of birds. Most embarrassing thing I've ever experienced."

"Don't talk about my nephew like that." Sadé laughed.

"Y'all don't get it, though. A peacock walked by and he screamed like high pitched scream and grabbed my arm, right. Then the damn bird did the tail thing, you know when it gets all big and shit and this nigga screams bloody murder running down the trail. After that, he flinched every time he seen a damn bird. That's a weird phobia right?"