Chapter 2. Tamasu of the Uchiha

WELCOME BACK!~ I am super psyched to continue! 

What did you think of the first chapter? Were you surprised by Tamasu's untimely demise? Poor Tamasu... He was such a sweet and gentle older brother! 

Let's see how Hizumi takes the news!

                                                                            .-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"I've been looking for you. There's something I need to tell you," he said coldly.

I gulped, unsure of what he wanted to talk about.

"Tamasu was killed during his mission," Shisui explained, his face scrunched in pain.

In that moment, it felt as if everything went silent. Shisui didn't often go searching for me on his own but after seeing that he'd made his way to find me, I assumed he wanted to talk about being away on a dangerous mission for a long period of time or perhaps a promotion. This I didn't expect. It had to be a lie. I searched his face for the hint of dishonesty. Maybe this was just a prank but I couldn't see a shred of deceit in his voice or eyes.

"They want us to identify his body and begin preparations for the funeral," he said matter of fact.

"No, you're lying!" I shouted, taking a few steps back.

Shisui shook his head, taking a step towards me. I let my arms and head drop as the overwhelming flood of emotions hit me.

                                                          .-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

(Itachi POV)

I watched as Hizumi turned with a smile across her face as she left me standing by the water. I smiled to myself as she continued up the path to the walkway before Shisui appeared suddenly. She unknowingly collided with him but he caught her before she fell. Immediately, I could tell something was wrong. The expression on Shisui's face was unlike him. They were too far away for me to hear them but after he spoke her eyes grew wide and she took several steps back. The shock that overcame her made me take a few steps forward.

"No, you're lying!" she shouted.

He shook his head and took a step towards her. Her arms dropped to her sides and her head hung low. Shisui hugged her as she screamed and cried. His eyes glanced in my direction but quickly he pulled back and grabbed her by the hand as they ran off. I stood there motionless, unsure of what to do. Walking home while replaying what had just happened in my head, I opened the door to a less than normal welcome. Normally, Sasuke was there waiting for my return however when I entered the kitchen, it was only Mother and Father sitting at the table silently. 

"What's happened?" I asked immediately approaching them.

"One of our clansmen was on a reconnaissance mission and their team was ambushed by a shinobi squad from Kirigakure," my father Fugaku answered.

My eyes widened.

"It was Tamasu Uchiha, Shisui and Hizumi's older brother and his team. Your friends were sent to meet the retrieval team to identify him and begin arranging funeral preparations," my mother said quietly.

While Tamasu and I hadn't been close, I could only imagine what Hizumi and Shisui were feeling right about now. The sound of Hizumi's scream and cries rung in my ears. Hizumi had been close to her older brother Tamasu, more so than Shisui.