Chapter 31

(CROWN by TXT (Tomorrow X Together).)

Monday

Aella's POV

Together as a family we race to the sewers. Once we are all safely underground I whip around and embrace my parents.

"Aella, you're beautiful." My mom gasps holding my face in her hands.

"Still got the brains?" My dad asks shifting from foot to foot.

"Yeah. What about you guys? Are you okay?" I ask concern lacing my voice.

"Oh hush. We'll be fine. Now we should get moving." She warily looks up.

I quickly nod and gesture for them to follow me. "Where should I take you?" I sneak a glance at them.

Silence covers us. I wonder if they'll ever answer.

"Aella." My mom's voice sadly calls out.

I turn around. "We can't live like we used to any more. It was hard living normally before the arrest. Now we may never be able to live freely again." Tears leak from her eyes. My dad sadly embraces her.

"We are wanted practically everywhere. We love you sweetie but..." She trails off.

"We don't have a will to live anymore." My dad finishes.

I stand there in shock. "So your just gonna die!" I exclaim. "After all that!" Tears blur my vision.

They reach out to me but I pull away. "No! I risked my life and freedom for you. Because I love you!"

"We wanted you to let us out so we can die in peace knowing our beautiful daughter is safe. And, we wanted to tell you that" She takes a breath, "we are moving you to England. You're going to stay with a childhood friend of mine. They'll keep you safe. Aella. Their son is going to be your husband."

"WHAT? You set me up in an arranged marriage! When did this happen?" Anger bubbles inside me.

"Before you were born. He's a really sweet kid."

I turn around and gruffly say, "Hurry up." I continue walked not caring if they follow me or not.

I stop under an opening. "Get out here." I point up, "Your spot." I say then I start home.

"Aella!" I stop, "We love you so much." I hear footsteps come up to me. Something cold and heavily hits my sternum. I look down.

"Mom! I can't take this." I protest.

"It's my parting gift." She sadly smiles at me. She hugs me then steps back.

My dad steps forward. "Here." He hands me a leather journal. I flip through it.

My eyes widen, "Nope! No way! I'm not taking this." I hold it out as if it's covered in disease.

"I'm not gonna need it anymore! Take it. It'll help." He smiles at me. The warm smile I remember. He pulls my head forward and kisses my forehead.

"Good bye baby girl." Tears flow down our faces.

"Bye.' I choke out. They turn to walk out.

"Wait!" The turn around. "I love you guys." I race forward and hug them.

I wave good bye as they walk out. The moment they step out gunshots ring though the air. A scream slices everything. I freeze.

"Mom." I whisper.

I collapse against the cold wall and cry.

Hours later I get up and start walking home. Tightly I grip my mom's, no, my locket.

...

I lay in my bed staring the locket. I trace the small swirls. I open the locket.

One picture.

My mom and dad on their wedding day. Tears stream down my face again. I hug the necklace and journal.

"Good bye mom and dad. I love you." I quietly whisper.

Wow. Dark chapter. Welp! Aella's gonna leave the picture now. I'm slowly wrapping up the story now. Enjoy!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FOLLOW!

-Fifi

P.S - Love y'all!