12 - Five minutes

Diluc escorted you back to Mondstadt the next morning, making sure you had something to eat before you made the trip and leaving with enough time for you to meet with Kaeya to start the days mission.

"Did you sleep well?" he inquired.

"Yes, actually" you nodded, pleasantly surprised at how well rested you felt after the last few days of running on less hours of sleep than any being should "I think I may have the wine to thank for that" you added with a chuckle.

Kaeya was waiting by the gate upon your arrival.

"Catch" Kaeya called out as you were within hearing distance, tossing something your way. You fumbled for the item, feeling it hit your hand and bounce, making you frantically open and close your hands until you secured the item. A key? "it's for my office, when you didn't return last night I asked Amber to prepare some clothing for you. Off you go"

"But I can just run back to my house-?"

"Not enough time, the headquarters are closer" he argued "hurry up now, time is wasting"

Slumping your shoulders slightly at the unwinnable arguement you started to make your way to the knights of favionious headquarters as intructed "thanks again for yesterday, Diluc!" you called back. Diluc gave you a small smile and a nod as you hurried off.

As you disappeared Diluc turned to speak to Kaeya "well?"

"As expected" he hummed in responce "couldn't have done it without you, brother"

"Tsk, I did this for them" Diluc grunted, shooting a glare towards the other "not for you"

"However way you choose to look at this, it was successful, my intuition was, as it always is, correct" he smirked "now, he shouldn't be a problem"

Diluc hummed thoughtfully "well, for their sake, let's hope youre right"

"You doubt me?"

"He never passed by the winery" the two shared a look before Diluc wandered off to check in on the tavern and start his work, leaving Kaeya to wait for your return.

Soon, you came running into view, wearing a fresh set of clothes and looking ready to set off for the day. You smiled as you came to a stop in front of him "let's get going"

"Of course" Kaeya chuckled.

The two of you left the city of Mondstadt for another round of monster tracking "did you get that paperwork done?"

"Hm?"

"Last night, Diluc said that's where you disappeared to?"

"Ah yes yes, that, yes everything was in order" Kaeya nodded "just needed to find some things relating to it, thats why I had to leave like that, but I see that you had a nice time"

You nodded in agreement "it was nice to relax for a change, I guess I never realised how many things there was that I hadn't explored here yet"

"There are even more things to explore in Liyue, too, you know"

You sighed "I don't really plan on going back there any time soon to find out"

"Because of one guy? wow, I've seen you go up against ruin guards without hesitation but a single guy is making you afriad to return to a large and beautiful region?"

"That 'one guy' was a big learning curve for me" you huffed "it's not like Ive had much of a love life here, it took me by surprise and now I don't want to be taken by surprise again"

"Tell me more about him" Kaeya asked, though it was phrased more as a demand rather than a question "how did you get wrapped in with the fatui anyway?"