2 - Violet grass

You parted ways with the merchant, taking the crate back from him as he left showering you with 'anything you need, dont hesitate to ask's as you wandered through the streets of Liyue.

You vaguely remembered where the wanmin resturant was from your last visit here, having to pass it to reach the adventurers guild. The sun was dipped lowerer in the sky, giving way to the evening, pink hues beginning to paint the clouds above.

"Try something new at the Wanmin resturant!" you heard a male shout, recognising the voice as Xianglings father, the shout also giving you the location of the resturant.

You quicken your pace, coming into view from the kitchen "ah, youre here!" Xiangling shouted excitedly, meeting you at the door as she guided you to where the put the crate "I hope it wasnt too much trouble"

"No, not at all" you smiled, although you were glad you didnt have to carry that crate anymore, and now you could finally see the contents.

Xiangling opened the crate, digging through eveything with glee. Lamp grass, calla lillies, philanemo mushrooms, and valberries filled the crate almost to the top. As she raked through the ingredients she squealed in satisfaction as she pulled out a large jar from the center. Clearly that was why the contents was so heavy.

"Slime condensate" Xiangling squealed "and its still fresh, perfect!" her attention turned to the stove while you quietly took the ingredients out of the box, seperating them into small piles on the nearby shelves to make it easier for her. Once you were done, you pushed the now empty crate into a corner of the small kitchen so it was out of the way.

As you turned to leave the kitchen, Xiangling called out to you "could I ask you for one more tiny favour?"

You couldnt say no to her wide pleading eyes. Kaeya was right, you really were too kind "of course"

"I really need some violet grass, it will be the finishing touch to my newest recipe. Could you please pretty please get me some? just one will do"

you sighed with a smile "Ill be back in a few hours"

"Thank you! oh youll find it on the cliffs nearby!" she called out as you exited the resturant fully, heading back through the streets and out of Liyue in search of the elusive cliff growning violet grass. You had come across the flower a few times when you passed by the first time, you remembered that it tended to grow half way up cliff faces, making it both easy to see and hard to reach.

You made your way through the evening lit hills, unaware that you were being watched.

"What do you want us to do, sir?"

The man shrugged "just follow me for now"

You scanned the cliffs as you walked, if you couldnt find your needed flower within the next hour at most you would lose the light as the sun would dip below the horizon and would force you to return to Liyue. You didnt want to return empty handed though, your muscles were starting to ache from carrying the crate and your early morning commissions, but you didnt want to disappoint Xiangling. Nothing was going to stop you from finding a violet grass, even if it was going to be seventy feet up the most trechorous cliff in all of Liyue, you would get it.

"Ah-ha!" you spoke outloud as you spotted the purple flower about fifteen feet up a cliff a few yards ahead. You picked up your pace, keeping your eyes fixed on the prize as though it would disappear if you looked away.

"Go" the man muttered out the order as the three men with him quickly moved forward, descended the nearby hill they were on as they aimed for you.

You stopped as you heard someone running behind you, turning just in time to see a fist flying towards your head. You rolled out of the way, feeling the air rush from the force of his punch. You looked behind him, seeing two more men approaching. One holding a large hammer and another with what appeared to be a rifle.