6 - Golden

Childe picked you up at seven exactly, grinning at you when you opened your door. He took you to a nearby cafe that served hot tea and fresh cakes. That was the first to your many dinner 'dates', Childe made it a habit of his to pester you whenever you were alone, and also whenever you were in the company of Venti and Zhongli as he enjoyed watching the short bard yell at him and push him away from you when he got close.

Venti had moved on from Liyue after a week, although he was hesitant to leave you alone in Liyue knowing that Childe was getting closer to you and you seemed to be allowing it. He knew that it was your choice to let this strange guy in, and as the god who claimed to be for freedom, it would be hypocritical of him to naysay you.

So, when he left Liyue, he smiled at you and told you to call him should you ever need help.

Luckily, through your connection with Venti, you had grown closer to Zhongli too, he was very chival with you, and told you stories of Liyue upon your request, or until Childe moaned that his stories were 'so boring'.

You soon learned through your day trips around Liyue that Zhongli had a bit of an issue with mora, you werent sure if it was because he had none or because he had so much that he didnt care for it. And you witnessed Childe forking over money multiple times to cover Zhonglis expenses.

You had grown comfortable with the two of them, considering them friends even after such a short time of knowing them. Childe would pick you up almost daily for some kind of adventure, whether it be to join you on the few commissions you accepted from the Liyue guild or to take you out for food, he became a staple of your daily life.

And on the days where he was busy, although you were never told as to what he was busy with, but some days you would see him talking with nearby Fatui members and wondered if he had something to do with the Fatui, though you never pressed it. But on those days Zhongli would keep you company, and you would sit with him in various tea shops or path-side benches while he told you stories that back in your world would be called 'fairy-tales'.

Although Zhongli was not as energetic as Childe, his calming company felt necessary after a full day of fighting small groups of monster with Childe.

Today was one of the rare occasions that you were able to spend with both Childe and Zhongli, Childe seemed to be less energetic today and given his complaint that he worked with 'idiots' you assumed he had had a hard day with work. Zhongli had simply smiled, vaguely commenting that Childe brought it upon himself.

"Youve been here for a while now" Childe muttered, his head resting on the table. Zhongli had already scolded him for his lack of ettiquette but Childe had more or less ignored him in favour of keeping his head resting.

You nodded "I like it here" you shrugged "besides, Im not needed in Mondstadt so I may as well stay here, theres still more I want to see"

Childes hand reached up to poke your cheek "admit it, you like spending time with me"

You batted his hand away from your face, watching it fall weakly to the table "I spent just as much time with Mr Zhongli as I do with you" you huffed "perhaps I stay for his company"

"I am flattered" Zhongli chuckled, Childe grunting in annoyance "although in Childes aid, you do seem to light up whenever a monster based request comes in from the guild"

"Thats just because I like fighting monsters" you quickly muttered.

Zhongli hummed "really? as you seem to aim to find Childe almost immediently after recieving them"

"Mr Zhongli!" you whined, trying to ignore Childes grin as he looked up at you, his finger attempted to poke at your cheek again "this does not mean that Im not still mad at you though, I dont think youve done enough to make up for everything yet"