Chapter 16: Pop Quiz! Can Yuki Prove Her Worth... and... More?

Before I begin the chapter, I wanted to let you all know I actually waited to upload this chapter for a reason: Today marks 2 years since I lost the person who Chapter 6 was dedicated to. It's been two years since I lost my Grandma. Again: the anime helped me tell her important words, thanks to an episode that aired a week prior in Japan. Just wanna quickly say Thank You to Game Freak for creating such a wonderful franchise that helped me lessen possible lifetime regrets... and the fan subbing group known as 'Some_Stuffs' on Twitter, as they subbed the episode that means the world to me: Inside Kapu-Rehire's Mist [Japanese title]/Memories in the Mist [English title]

Please enjoy the chapter!

____________________

(Yuki's POV)

Greninja and I did a fist pump before he went onto the field. Ash held a Pokeball, alongside a grin on his face. "Time to make him proud of our secret training. Go, Cinderace!"

The ball materialized and a Cinderace-no... Goh's Cinderace came out! Pikachu, Riolu, and Dragonite even seemed surprised. Lucario, however, didn't. It seemed within the chaos called 'Me coming into this world that really shouldn't even exist,' no one noticed Ash's new catch. Not too many seconds later, another Pokeball popped open, landing in Cinderace's arms. It was also his Sobble!

Kukui and I looked around at the students, who knew those two Pokemon. They were surprised as well, but of course, they could just lie and say something like 'When did you catch those, Ash?' Either that, or not say anything... glad it ended up being the latter.

Cinderace walked over to Pikachu, who placed Sobble next to him and said words only those who remember the past could understand. 'Don't worry, Sobble. I'll test this person to see if she's worthy of holding onto us for the time being.' The fully evolved bunny Pokemon then looked at Yuki. 'I've heard a lot about you, human from another realm. Apparently you're as smart as Goh, but also as quick on your feet as Ash.'

Before I could even make a response, Kukui decided to start the match.

"Cinderace, Pyroball!" Ash said swiftly, Cinderace following command with ease.

I could tell. This was another test, easily. In this world, I basically replace Goh. These two are his most trusted partners, and they want to know if the future I currently hold in the palm of my hand can be a bright one.

As the fire bunny kicked the flaming rock, I shouted my first move. "Greninja, back-step into Double Team!"

_____

(No One's POV)

Greninja jumped back just enough so Pyroball would miss, and began multiplying. Again, no one noticed Yuki's Z-Ring beginning to slightly glow. (Just like their first battle.)