Chapter 12: Yuki's Response

(No One's POV)

Yuki's eyes widened with surprise. She was not expecting in a million years for Ash's Greninja to want to be her Pokemon. Over the course of her stay within the world of Pokemon, she has noticed the Kalos Water/Dark-type becoming much closer to her. She was really happy, knowing she had someone to rely on... but now? She's conflicted to say yes.

She could tell the very moment she noticed the change in the ninja frog's color that something must of changed within him. It didn't take long to put two and two together, as when they were fighting, she also felt a new sensation... something foreign, but welcome. When she lost all energy and fainted, she woke up within a similar landscape to what she would see Ash and Greninja in. The main difference being instead of standing on top of a giant water puddle, she was standing on fluffy clouds in a bright blue sky. Although the girl didn't see Greninja, she could somehow feel him.

Yuki fell in love with Greninja within the anime for a major reason: that the form he took on that was dubbed 'Ash-Greninja' was, in her eyes, a physical representation of the strong bond forged between trainer and Pokemon. That bond suddenly disappeared... all because she came into the picture...

Clenching her fist and looking down, she gave her response. "Greninja, as much as I would love to give you an easy 'yes,' I can't help but feel responsible for the cause of you losing your connection with Ash." Bringing the clenched fist close to her heart, she looked directly at her closest friend. "I will accept, but you need to make me a promise: you will try to reconnect with Ash, even if it's not as strong. Just like you mean a lot to me, Ash does as well. I don't want to become the one who ended up completely shattering that special connection the two of you shared."

Ash and Greninja smiled at her speech. They both could tell she was more then glad to accept Greninja, but she also wanted to make sure the two didn't grow apart.

"I consider you both extremely good friends." She continued. "I want to make sure all of us can continue getting along like we have been."

Ash and Greninja both looked at each other for a moment, giving each other a nod of agreement. The trainer pulled out a Pokeball from his pocket. It was none other then Greninja's. He put it on the ground, in front of the Pokemon. That's when he suddenly powered up an Aerial Ace and smashed it in two. Yuki's eyes widened.

"Greninja, you're free to go with Yuki under her condition." The raven-haired trainer then pulled an empty Pokeball from his bag and handed it to Yuki. "I know you don't actually have any on you. This Pokeball is yours to use on Greninja. Please take good care of him."

This is when Yuki's eyes teared up, but not ones of sadness, but droplets of joy. She then grabbed both Greninja and Ash and began dragging them outside. "If I'm getting the chance to catch a Pokemon with a new Pokeball, I really wanna have the full trainer experience: throwing it!"

As Yuki finished her sentence and was halfway out the door, all of Ash's current Pokemon, alongside the Professor couple (who were inside the whole time, but quietly watching the events play out,) their Pokemon, and Rotom-dex all went outside to watch the girl from the world that created this one throw her first Pokeball.