"Hunter," I murmured but he ignored me.

"It does," Chris said calmly. "You are my son. I adopted you. I love you. I care for you,"

"Bullshit,"

"Hunter, I'm not going over this again. I adopted you, you are my son. Understand?"

"No,"

"You're impossible," Chris mumbled. "Why is it so hard for you to accept that I care about you?"

"Cause you don't,"

"Stop it. This demanding attention scheme isn't working on me,"

"I don't want attention,"

"Chris you were hard on him yesterday," I intervened. "He's upset. That's all,"

"Yeah? Well he can't act up like this every time he doesn't get his own way," Chris murmured. He looked at Hunter, and sighed. "I care about you, and it's a shame that you don't see that. But one day you'll know just how much I've sacrificed for you, and you'll see how pathetic you're being."

Chris got up, leaving his unfinished coffee on the table, and he didn't say another word before he walked out. Mom came over, placing a plate of pancakes down in front of me. I wanted to thank her but I was too focussed on Hunter who was staring at her too.

Why was he staring at my Mom like he wanted to rip her apart?

"Fucking happy?" He hissed, glaring at her like he used to glare at me. It was scary, and I was confused, but I didn't want to ask Hunter. He looked like he'd rip my head off as soon as I said one word. So  i waited until he got up from his seat, and stormed out of the room before I looked at my Mom in confusion.

"What did he mean?"

She shrugged. "How am I supposed to know?"

*

It was safe to say that my day was going shite.

Mom and Chris were fighting, screaming at each other at the top of their lungs. It was something about Hunter they were fighting over, or it had been at first. Mom was saying things about Hunter being the source of all of their problems, and Chris was defending him. It soon esculated, and had been going for over an hour.

Me and Hunter were sat in our room, not saying anything. At first, he'd been lying on his bed with his headphones in, but then the shouting began and he took the headphones out. He listened to everything; the cruel words my Mom said, everything. Now he was curled up on the bed with blank eyes. 

I was sat on the floor. I'd been playing Pokemon when it started. I'd carried on for a bit, but it got too hard to concentrate. Like Hunter, I stopped what I was doing and listened.

"It's his fault! All the problems we have are because of him!"

"Don't blame this on Hunter, he's done nothing to you!"

"He verbally attacks me! And he shouldn't even be aloud to be here! You saw what he did to Kat yesterday! He should be locked away!"

"Don't you dare say that! You saw what he did to himself yesterday!"

"He cut himself Chris, he does that all the time!"

"You are so insensitive! You know what he went through!"

"He has problems Chris! So what, we all do! And that kid, is what's wrong with this family!"

"If you can't accept him, then maybe you shouldn't be a part of this family!"

"Yeah? Well maybe I shouldn't!"

"Fine!"

It took me a few moments to realize that I was crying. That tears streamed down my face and i was choking back whimpers. It also took me a few moments to realize that Hunter was shaking. I was at an angle where I could see him from the corner of my eyes, but I'd been looking down for a while. So when I held my head up, from the right side of my face, I could see him holding himself and shaking.