chapter 12- the cemetery

after a couple hours of no one showing up at JJ's we all decided to go back to our own houses. JJ, Pope, and I all piled into the van again and started driving, we dropped Pope off and then continues the drive to my house.

"So, who's babe?" JJ asks, glancing over at me from his seat.

"Jason." I say looking over at him too.

"The guy who called the day we were at the coast guard?"

"You remember that?" i give him a look of disbelief.

"of course, it's not every day we get a hot new pogue around." he says with a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." i say as we pull up to my house. "Thanks for the ride." i tell him, hoping out of the van and turning to wave.

i watch as he drives away before pulling my house key out of my converse and slipping it in the door, unlocking it before heading inside.

"HELLO?" i yell, my voice echoing throughout the empty house.

upon not hearing anything i head to the kitchen and find a note on the counter.

'Hey honey, your dad and I are both at work. mind going down to the port and picking up some fish for dinner?
much love, mom'

huffing as i grab the money next to the note on the counter i head back out the door and start walking the short distance to the port.

even with the short walk, once i reach the port i have unbuttoned the Hawaiian shirt that hung loosely around my body and tied my hair up in a bun due to the hot dry summer air.

as i walk into the store and over to the fish section i hear the bell ring once more and a girl who i recognized to be the 'kook princess' walked in. I pay little mind to her, picking up some fish and then heading over to the snack isle to grab something else for me to eat.

"Oh look, are you here to smack my food out of my hands too?" i hear a voice from beside me say.

"Excuse me?" i ask, turning to see the one and only Sarah Cameron sneering at me.

"Hate to break it to you but your friend beat you to it. you're all just dirty lowlife assholes, i should have listened to topper." and with that she turned around and strutted out the door.

"Bitch." i mutter under my breath before ditching the snack idea and heading to the counter with just my fish to take home. after quickly paying, i started my walk home.

after an hour or so of getting back home i heard a knock at the front door. I walked over and opened it, surprised to find JJ standing there with John B and Pope in the van on the street.

"Come on, John Bs rounding the troops to take us to some other place." he informs me.

"Ok, one second let me grab some shoes and write my parents a note." i tell him, pulling him inside before shouting a quick one minute to the boys in the van.

"Wait here." i told me as i ran to the kitchen to find a piece of paper and a pen.

'Hanging out with some friends, probably will spend the night there.
much love, Dylan'

once i'm finished i run to the living room and pulled on my shoes before heading back to the front door were i left JJ.

"Ready to go?' i ask as i hop up to him, finishing tying to shoe. i look up to see him hunched over a stack of our mail that was sitting on the table next to the door.

"Dylan way do you have so many medical bills sitting around?" he asks, looking up to meet my eyes.

the only emotion my eyes gave away was my fury. "Why are you looking through those." i snap, moving towards him and snatching the mail from his hands.