10

Rae

I wobbled slightly as I rushed inside. There were so many people inside. Moving, making noise. It was hard for me to focus. My head still felt funny and red eyes haunted me. I step backward as I avoid a couple who was dancing. My back hit someone and I wiped around.

"I am sorr-" I cut off as I started at the lifeless corpse handing on the wall. I started at his lifeless eyes. My legs buckled and I fell to the ground. I looked over the wall of lifeless bodies. Those that had been drained. Strong arms reached around me but it was not Adrians scent. I look up at deep dark brown eyes and a maze of red hair. 

"P-prince L-Lu" I cut off as he talks me down a hallway away from the crowd. He set me down and I lean against the wall as I take in deep breaths trying to settle down. I finally manage to look towards him, but kept my eyes down.  "Oh-um. Adri-um my Mast-, erm my King, I have to find him" I stuttered. 

"I haven't seen Adrian in the past 30 minuets," Lucas says. His eyes meet mine and I so desperately felt the need to submit. I let out a soft whimper. "Its alright you looked like you were going to throw up."

"Potentially," I say. He crouches down to my level and reaches towards me. I flinched in response. I didn't want his touch. I wanted him to leave. If Adrian found out...I would be punished. Adrian would get so mad. But I couldn't lift a finger as Lucas reaches forward and pet my head. 

"I didn't even know mutts could do this," he said fiddling with my ears. I relaxed from his soft touch, "Or that they could look like you. I thought mutts were along the same line of rouges."

I give him a confused look. 

"I was just five when my father ordered all mutts be killed. I had never meet one," he continued to pet my head, "Do I smell nice to you?" 

Smell? Smell... I realized I had been holding my breath again. Only taking staggered sips of air. I shook myself and took in his scent. 

"Um yes Prince Lucas um but I-"

"You do not have your marks yet do you?"

"No but I-"

"Do you like it here?"

Again I felt confused by his light hearted attitude. I expected him to be like his parents, wanting me dead. I honestly thought he brought me here to finish me off. "I-I its just been awhile. Um not particularly-" I stop myself. No No no No, "I mean- Adrian is...is-"

"A vampire. Its alright to admit you do not like it here... what is your name? You have one right?"

"Rae," I say softly.

"Rae. Adrian finds you tasty and you do have a particularly sweet smell to you. Like lavender and honey. I am gonna suggest to Adrian a trade."

My eyes widen. "A trade?"

"Yes. We have a lot better wolves to offer our King. There is no reason for him to settle on a mutt like you. Then I would take you with me?"

"Why...Are you going kill me?" I ask softly.

"No. My mate has killed long ago and the woman I am to marry doesn't like me nor do I like her. It diplomatic" he said as if I understood what diplomatic meant. "I am to be Alpha soon. So my parents have no say in your fate. I would like to keep you as my companionship."

I was confused at what exactly he was getting at.

"You want to keep me? But...Adrian...I am his- I can't choose-" I say trying to follow, but I was still struggling to breath right. 

"I understand Rae, but if you could. We have land, to run, to roam outside. I know this cold castle doesn't offer that kind of lifestyle. The one you're wolf craves," he whispered. He rubbed circular motions on my ears. It felt soothing.  "I just wanted to inform you before I went to Adrian."

"Adrian...did you see where he went?"

"Upstairs," Lucas said and stood up. I stared at the ground until I couldn't hear his footsteps. I took a deep breath and took a backway upstairs. I didn't want to pass all the people to walk up the main staircase. That...that seemed like a horrible idea. Adrian did say to seek out Clove for help. But I knew the way to the room. 

The noises were getting softer and softer and I was finally able to relax. Soon I would be in our room were I could take off this dress and lay out on the pillow. I made my way down the hallway and my ears started to twitch. I heard weird animalistic noises. Grunts and growls. I grew more and more confused as I came to my room. I opened the door my eyes tearing over worried something was wrong. 

I stared in shock at Adrian and the vampire woman from earlier, Clara. They were naked mingled with each other on the bed. Her pets laid limp and naked on the ground, blood seeping from the various bite wounds on their bodies. 

"Oh it seems like your pet has come to play..." Clara purred. I turned to Adrian whoes eyes were glowing a bright red. His fangs were extended past his chin and he looked furious. 

For what felt like the first time my body finally reacted. I shut the door, stripped the dress off, leaving the thin white dress still on. I ran straight to the indoor greenhouse. I needed away. I couldn't keep on takin on new thing after new thing. I cried out as Daisy forced me to shift. She was in a panic as well. I guess we had reached a limit. She took us towards the makeshift waterfall and began digging. She kept on digging until there was a decent hole that sent slightly under a rock. 

I finally shifted back. Curling up in the cool dirty, the sound of the waterfall blocked out noise and I could only smell dirt. I tried to wipe my mind of the events today. 

I didn't want to attend a party ever again.