𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣;

𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 in the little distance, I look up to see Fawkes coming over. He flies over me and I could see in the silhouette that he was doing something to the basilisks eyes. "No! Your bird may have blinded the basilisk, but it can still hear you!" Tom yells. Thank you for that information, Tom. I turn around and stand up while Fawkes flies back over me, I stand back and realised my feet made noise, the large snake stop wriggling everywhere and stopped abruptly in my direction. before it could get a cling on me, I run through a tunnel, the basilisk on my tail.

I turn a corner, a dead end greeted me. I back as close as I could to the bars, it came around the corner and got closer and closer to me. Luckily, my hand came across a rock, I picked it up and threw it behind the basilisk, it stopped and reversed out and followed the sound, my chance to escape. I go out of the other hole and come back to Eveline and Tom. She was more paler than usual and Tom became less of a memory. "Yes, Potter, the process is nearly complete. In a few minutes Eveline Weasley will be dead, and I will cease to be a memory." he tells me. "Lord Voldemort will return, very... much... alive!" I fall beside her again and rest my hand on hers, I don't know how, but she was colder than before.

"Evie-" I begin, but the basilisk comes back through the water. I look towards the hat and see something shining appear. It was the grip and pommel of a sword, I pull it out and it was in fact a sword I aim it at the beast. I ran towards the statue and began to climb it, it was hard as he was trying to get a chomp out of me, but I managed to make it to the head. I kept swiping at him, but got inches away from him, he knocks me back and the sword falls from my hands and see it slipping from the statue. I act quickly and manage to catch it, I stick the sword straight through the top of the mouth, it screams in pain, as did I. It's tooth got stuck in my arm and the pain felt more than just the wound, it was throughout my body, too.

I pull out the sword and it falls to the ground dying instantly. It's venom was spreading in my body and fast.I still managed to climb down from the statue and walk towards Eveline, I drop the sword and tooth and fall beside her. "Remarkable isn't it, how quickly the venom of the basilisk penetrates the body?" Tom grins. "I'd guess you have little more than a minute to live. You'll be with your dear Mudblood mother soon, Harry." I touch her hand, she was still cold as ice, in fact maybe even colder than before. "Funny, the damage a silly little book can do... especially in the hands of a silly, little girl." I take the diary out of Eveline's weak clutch and open it to a random page.

"What are you doing?" I held the fang up and glare at him. "Stop! No!" I stab the page, ink came spilling out of the paper, he started to become hollow. He screams in pain and inches towards me again, so I stab the other page, his face also disappearing. I close the diary and stab right through it. He exploded into sparks and Eveline woke up right away, as if on cue. "Eveline..." I could barely get out. She turns with an apologetic look on her face. "Harry..." she whimpers. "It was me, I swear I didn't want to, Tom made me, I had no control over my- Harry, your arm!" "Don't worry. Evie, you need to get yourself out. Follow the Chamber, and you'll find Ron." I say. "Harry, there's something else that I need to-" she was cut off by Fawkes' screech. He landed next to me.

"You were brilliant, Fawkes!" I praise. "I just wasn't quick enough." The red phoenix leans down and drops tears onto my wound, it heals. "Of course... Phoenix's have healing powers." I felt normal again. "Thank you! It's all right, Evie. It's over. It's just a memory." She sighed and nodded, but started to break down. I crawl over to her and hug her and she hugs back. I felt the relief knowing that she was living now, if she had died- well I don't know. But I do know that she has many years left in her. Eveline Weasley, the strongest girl I know.

***

~EVELINE~

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 the hospital, recovering from the latest events. It's odd to think that I started this year in the hospital wing, and now I'm sort of ending it in there, too. I was nearly falling asleep again when... "Eveline?" I hear a voice say, I turn my head and see none other than Malfoy. "What do you want?" I ask rudely. "To come and see you, I am family after all." he says. I shush him and he comes over to my bed. "I was truly worried, Evie." "Why... you and your family hate me." I snarl. "I don't, I one hundred percent don't." he softly smiles, am I speaking to the right person? I glare at him to put some pressure onto him, just in case he was lying and he cracks.

"Then why do you trigger Harry so much?" I spit. "Just because I'm fond of you, doesn't mean that I have to like your friends." he answers. "Especially that Mud-" "Don't say it!" I warn. "Draco, if you want me to trust you, then give me a reason to." "Wait, did you just call me Draco?" he gasps. I giggle softly, "Yes. But... I mean it Dragon, win my trust." "I'll try my best, Trouble." he grins. "No matter what, Evie... I will always love you, you are my cousin after all." This is a softer side to Draco that I never thought I would see. I give him a genuine smile. "I love you too, Draco."

***

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 the hospital wing and in the Great Hall with everyone else, I was anxious to see Hermione, what would I say, I nearly killed her... no I didn't, Tom and the basilisk did, but an apology is still in order. I'm the one that opened it, and they were trying to figure out who. They blamed Draco, Hagrid was accused. But the culprit was right under their noses; me. I still hate myself for doing it to them, but I felt like I had no control over it, Tom literally manipulated me, he got into my brain and controlled me like his own puppet. But it was over now, and it was down to Hermione, Ron and Harry.

"Harry, it's Hermione." Neville smiles. We look towards the door and see her, oh how I've missed her. We get up from our seats and she ran straight for us. Harry and her hugged while Ron and Hermione shook hands, then her eyes came across to me, I stood awkwardly, my left hand on my right forearm. "Evie." she smiles and hugs me. "You. Are. Not. To. Blame. I know you weren't, we have that sister bond, I could never hate you." I smile and hug her tightly, "Welcome back, Hearty." "It's good to be back! Congratulations! I can't believe you solved it!" she praises. "Well, we had loads of help from you. We couldn't have done it without you." Harry smiles. "Thanks." she gratefully says.

"Could I have your attention, please?" McGonagall asks. The four of us sit and pay attention to the headmaster. Dumbledore stood. "Before we begin the feast, let us have a round of applause for Professor Sprout and Madame Pomfrey, whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been Petrified." Most of the students clap for Professor Sprout, of course Draco was too cool for that. "Also, in light of the recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been cancelled." Aw- well it's not like I studied enough for it, but for Hermione's sake. "Oh no!" pouts Hermione. Suddenly, the doors opened and Hagrid walked through them, yes he's back!

"Sorry I'm late." he apologises. "The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called, Errol." Ron and I look and each other and cringe, we look at Dumbledore and he nods with a grin. "Sorry." I mouth. "And I'd just like ter' say tha' if it hadn't been for yer', Harry, and Ron, and Hermione, o' course..." Hagrid says. "Too late for an apology?" I hesitate. "O' course not, Evie. Nobody blames yer." he smiles, I smile back. "If it weren't fo' yer' three, I would still be yer' know where, so I woul' just like ter' say thanks." "Well, there's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." Harry smiles standing. "A hundred percent agreed!" I yell also standing. We hug the half-giant and he tears up. Dumbledore begins to clap, encouraging nearly everyone to join in.

So long, Year 2, been terrible knowing you!

~~~~~~~

~𝓭𝔁𝓻𝓴𝓸𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓲𝓬~

🎉 You've finished reading ꕥ𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨, 𝘩. 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳² 🎉