In My Head Part-30

Start from the beginning

It was a text from Amanda informing me that the psychologist had finished with Ant and my heart twisted painfully as I continued to reading the message, according to Amanda Ant was classified as a high suicide risk and the psychologist wanted Dec's permission to put Ant in care facility.

I bit my lip; Dec had been a wreck last night and right now I highly doubted he was capable of making decisions like this that would clearly not only impact Ant's life but his as well; maybe I should go downstairs and talk to him David could stay here with Stephen for a bit.

I was just about to suggest the idea to David when the door to Stephen's room opened softly causing both of us to look up just as a woman stepped through the door giving us a friendly smile.

She looked nice enough brown hair, glasses, white coat and a clipboard balanced in her arms as she continued to smile at us keeping her voice soft as she glanced at the bed and noticed Stephen was asleep.

"Hello, I'm Alexandra and I'm a psychologist with the hospital."

I went to stand up to greet her but Stephen's hand tightened around mine and I smiled apologetically glancing down at him as I spoke, "Nice to meet you Alexandra I'm Simon and this is David; I'd offer to shake your hand but..."

She smiled and shook her head, "No no it's alright I understand I've seen you all on telly before it's nice to meet you all I just wish it was under better circumstances."

She sounded genuinely sorry and I smiled as I nodded, "I wish that too but still it's always nice to meet a fan."

David nodded in agreement and she smiled once more before pulling up another chair and sitting back in it opening the file on her lap.

"I suppose we should go ahead and get started if we can I know his doctor informed me that he would be tired and out of it, but I still need to try and ask him a few questions the sooner we can determine his mental state the sooner we can decide on the best course treatment."

I nodded as David spoke, "Do we need to sign anything? Like consent forms or anything?"

Alexandra opened the folder looking at something before she shook her head, "No it seems like Mr. Mulhern doesn't have any emergency contact listed so therefore the hospital doesn't need consent to question him especially in the state he is in right now."

I bit my lip as I suddenly realized something, Ant had Dec to protect him and look out for him but Stephen...Stephen didn't have anyone; even if David and I hadn't been here Alexandra would have simply questioned him anyway.

The thought broke my heart further and I looked over at he again fighting to keep my voice even as I spoke, "Would it be alright if we stayed here with him while you talk to him? He seemed really anxious earlier and it might help if he knows someone's still here with him."

She gave me a warm smile again as she nodded, "Of course it's alright as long as he's comfortable with you being here, I don't see any problem with it, I'm just going to go ahead and ask the doctor to give him something to wake him up I'll be right back."

I nodded and watched her go waiting until the door was closed before I spoke, "David would you mind going downstairs and checking on Dec and the girls for me? I told Amanda I would, but I really don't want to leave Stephen right now."

My phone had buzzed at least 5 times while talking to Alexandra and I knew that whatever was going on downstairs was important, but I couldn't be in both places at once.

David nodded and went to stand up, "Are you sure you can handle it Simon? I can stay with him if you'd rather?"

"No David I can handle it besides; I don't think I'm exactly the person the boys want to see right now."