"Is it over?" Allison question, looking around her.

     "She's dead." Venus reveals breathlessly, looking at the girl.

She could feel Jennifers presence slowly leave the world around them, the imbalance she had caused to slowly slip away, it still lingered but it wasn't as prominent anymore.

The group start to let out relieved laughs as they realised they were finally safe and it was all finally over for good. Stiles pulled the girl into a hug after letting go of his father, he held her tightly as a sort of thank you, you could say, only pulling away when his phone rang in his pocket.

     Scott?" the boy answers. "Yeah, we're okay. We're all okay. Are you okay? Well, you think you can come get us? Great, bring a ladder."

•••

     It had been increasingly calm in Beacon Hills for the last few days. Venus wasn't hurting anymore, the balance wasn't in danger, everything was okay. She still worried for her friends, especially after the surrogate sacrifice situation, she knew they could still feel its effects but they were doing better than she expected.

She had crossed the street the night after it all ended, making her way to the Stilinski household, knocking and patiently waiting on their porch.

     She wasn't really sure what had inclined her to come over here, she just knew she wanted to check up and see if they were both okay after everything. Venus was met with Mr. Stilinskis smiling face as the door swung open.

"Venus, right?" he asks, pointing at her.

"That would be me, yes." she smiled. "It's nice to see you're doing good."

"That would be thanks to you."

"I didn't do much, you should really be thanking your son. Without him, Scott and Allison we never would've even found the cellar."

"You still played a big part in that cellar, so thank you, truly." he surprises her by pulling her into a short, grateful hug, making her let out a small laugh. "I'm assuming you want to see Stiles?"

"Uh, yeah. If that's okay." Venus confirms his inclinations, he tells her which room is his and she makes her way up the stairs, thanking the man and giving him one more smile.

Stiles opens the door a few seconds after she knocks, shock evident on his features as he sees her.

"Hey." he speaks softly, opening his door wider and letting her in his room. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see if you guys were doing okay." she replies truthfully. "Your dad seems really happy."

"Yeah, yeah, we're good. Thank you, by the way, for what you did in the cellar."

"Well, technically speaking, it's literally kind of my job." she laughs, her nose crinkling slightly. "But you're welcome, I suppose."

     They stood there for a few seconds, just watching each other in awe, Venus hadn't taken much notice before of the many moles that littered across his skin nor did she notice how bright his eyes were. Their staring contest was interrupted by Stiles' father making his way into the room, the pair turning to face him.

"Venus, would you like to join us for dinner? We're ordering pizza." Noah smiles, resting his shoulder on the doorframe of the boys room.

"Oh, no, that's okay Mr. Stilinski." she clears her throat, sending the man a bright smile. "I should be getting back to my dad, but thank you! I'm really glad you're both okay.l

     She gives Stiles one last hug, smiling at his father before making her way out of his room, yelling back a 'goodnight' for the both of them and then exiting their house. All the while, ignoring the beating of her heart in her throat.

Meanwhile, the boy was still stuck in his place, just as how she had hugged him, his father watching him in amusement.

     "She's nice. I like her." his dad smiles, looking at his son knowingly. "I don't know what she is, but she saved our lives. You better ask her out before someone else does, son."

"Dad, stop, please." Stiles laughs, making his way back downstairs with his father.

     Venus could never have expected the last couple months of her life, but she had been very grateful for them. She had been grateful she had listened to her father and put herself out there. Maybe it wasn't the way either of them had hoped but it was something, she now had people she cared about and who cared about her. She had people she count on other than just her father and they were both simply grateful.

EDITED