CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The pounding in Venus' head was only increasing by the minute, Deaton had said this should only take a few minutes but it had already been over two hours and they were all growing restless

Lydia had been trying to get some rest, looking greatly uncomfortable on the small chair in the corner, while Isaac had been pacing around the clinic non-stop, clearly becoming extremely restless. He had grabbed a couple blankets and draped one over the now sleeping Lydia and moved over to Venus with the other one.

     "Maybe you should try to get some rest." Isaac speaks, worry evident in his voice as her wraps the blanket around the girls shoulders and taking a seat next to her on the table she was perched on. "This feels like it's gonna take a while."

     "I can't. They won't fucking stop." Venus replies, grasping at the sides of her head, digging her fingers into her sling and trying to relieve some of the pain. "I don't think I'll be getting any sleep unless I pass out."

"I could knock you out."

"Isaac."

"Right, sorry."

     They were both resting against the wall, watching over their three submerged friends and hoping for them to wake up soon so they could get this nightmare over with soon.

Venus had her head resting against Isaacs shoulder as she tried her best to tune out all the noise in her head, which also gave her all the more reason to pray the three teens wake up soon.

Two hours turned to four and four turned to six and still there was no movement from any of them.

     "Is it supposed to take this long?" Isaac questions Deaton, who was moving around, trying to keep busy by reordering his shelves.

"It takes as long as it takes." the man replies. "Let's just hope they wake up in time for the full moon with the information we need."

     After the eighth hour rolled past, Venus had gotten used to the pain in her head and Lydia had gone to get them some food while Isaac slept across Venus' lap. She wasn't sure where exactly Deaton had wandered off to, she hoped he was having better luck at getting some sleep than she had. The silence in the room was interrupted by her phone letting out a ding next to her, shifting to reach it without waking Isaac.

FROM DAD
Where are you?

TO DAD
Trying to find the nemeton.

FROM DAD
You're in the woods?

TO DAD
Not exactly. I'll let you know when we find it.

     Venus hadn't even realised it before that point but she hadn't been home in almost twenty-four hours, her dad must've been going crazy. Some time after that, Venus had finally managed to close her eyes and get some rest, Isaac was still rested across her lap as she lay her head against the hard wall behind them.