I felt a rush of emotions wash over me. I had never heard such a beautiful version of this song before. The arrangement was unlike anything I'd ever heard. It's incredibly difficult to make changes to a classic, but whoever wrote this arrangement was a genius.

I felt so moved by the music that I forgot all about how nervous I had been earlier. My voice loosened up and I finished the performance out really strong. When the song ended, I quickly flipped to the front page of the music to see who wrote the arrangement. I was dying to see who was responsible for this masterpiece.

I looked over at Yoongi, who was already looking at me. Everyone was.

"This is your arrangement?" I asked him.

"It is..." he replied, seeming unsure of what I was going to say next. He looked down at his fingers on the keys.

"Yoongi, it's incredible..." I started.

"Don't feed his ego!" Hobi let out a hearty laugh as he threw his guitar pick playfully over at Yoongi, then looked back to me, "I'm joking. I mean, he is a musical prodigy. But in all seriousness, he's the last one to admit it. He thinks none of it is a big deal. Meanwhile the rest of us struggle to keep up. And we're professionals!" he laughed.

Hobi seemed like such a nice person. He certainly had a way of lightening the mood in moments of awkwardness.

"Forget him...." Taehyung said, adjusting the neck of his sax and motioning over towards me with his head, "She's incredible. Where the hell have you been?"

"And you've never sung jazz before?" Kookie chimed in from behind the drumset.

"I told you, guys. She's the perfect fit," Jin said, grinning ear to ear with an accompanying "I told ya so" gleam in his eye.

I looked at Kookie, "No, this is my first time. I mean, I have musical theater experience, some of it with jazz in the score, but that's not quite the same. I really enjoyed this though. I hope I can join you all again."

"Oh, please do," Namjoon said with a slight pleading in his voice.

"Well... alright," I said, playfully feigning hesitation.

We all shared a laugh and continued on with our rehearsal. When it ended and everyone was putting away their equipment, I walked into the kitchen to refill my water bottle. The singing was a lot of fun, but I felt a bit dehydrated and fatigued.

I turned off the faucet and turned around, startled to see Yoongi standing with his back against the adjacent counter. His arms were folded across his chest, his right leg casually crossed over his left as he smirked at me.