"As... as you wish, my lady," Zoë finished, sounding either worried or disappointed that she couldn't accompany Artemis, possibly both.

"I will find this creature," Artemis declared. "And I shall bring it back to Olympus by winter solstice. It will be all the proof I need to convince the Council of the Gods of how much danger we are in."

She knew what the monster was? As if he was reading my mind Percy asked, "You know what the monster is?"

Artemis gripped her bow, which worried me even more.
"Let us pray I am wrong."

The tension in the room was heavy, Zoë looked worried, Artemis, well, I couldn't quite make out her expression, Bianca was frowning, and, I was extremely nervous. In only one question Percy got rid of most of that tension.

"Can goddesses pray?"

My hand went to my mouth to stop myself from laughing, so it sounded muffled slightly. Now I'm thinking, can goddesses pray? Who would they pray to? 

A smile appeared on Artemis' lips, "Before I go, Percy Jackson, I have a small task for you."

"Does it involve getting turned into a jackalope?" Once again another muffled laugh from me. It was a mix of nervousness and humor, in the laugh.

"Sadly, no. I want you to escort the Hunters back to Camp Half-Blood. They can stay there in safety until I return."

"What?" Zoe blurted out. "But, Artemis, we hate that place. The last time we stayed there—"

"Yes, I know," Artemis said. "But I'm sure Dionysus will not hold a grudge just because of a little, ah, misunderstanding. It's your right to use Cabin Eight whenever you are in need. Besides, I hear they rebuilt the cabins you burned down."

Wait, Dionysus was the camp director? Nico's going to be extremely happy, he always talks about how underrated his card is, I thought.

It also seemed like the camp and the hunters didn't have the best relationship..

"And now there is one last decision to make." My face fell, the question I was dreading the whole time I was here.

Artemis turned to Bianca and I. "Have you two made up your minds, my girls?"

Bianca hesitated. "I'm still thinking about it."

I looked down into my lap. "I, I don't know," I murmured.

"Wait," Percy said. "Thinking about what?"

"They... they've invited us to join the Hunt," Bianca replied.

Percy's face fell as-well, "What? But you can't! You have to come to Camp Half-Blood so Chiron can train you. It's the only way you can learn to survive." I shook my head, still frowning.

"It is not the only way for a girl," Zoe said.

I frowned, 'girl' that meant Nico couldn't come. I knew that but I still didn't like it very much.

"Bianca, Maria, camp is cool! It's got a pegasus stable and a sword-fighting arena and... I mean, what do you get by joining the Hunters?"