Chapter 12

"So, Tom, since your birthday's tomorrow, I'm taking you out for dinner, and I'm not taking no for an answer," I say, smiling at him, while we're lying in bed, cuddling. I haven't heard anything from Zendaya since she mentioned the idea of having a surprise party for Tom, so I'm guessing it's not going to happen. It won't stop me from taking Tom out, though, so I've decided to take him to this restaurant he really likes.

"I'm glad, I thought you were going to forget!" He laughs.

"What? Why?" I reply, surprised.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because it's 11 P.M., the day before my birthday, and it's the first time I hear you mentioning it." I roll my eyes:

"Oh, come on, you know I wouldn't forget your birthday! Especially not after you forgot mine. Anyways, goodnight Tommy." I kiss him on the cheek, turn off the light on my nightstand and roll on the other side of the bed.

"What? I forgot your birthday? Oh my god I'm so sorry, B., when was it?" He asks. I try my best not to laugh; he didn't forget my birthday, it's in two months. I fake snore, and Tom turns the light back on, saying: "come on, tell me!"

"It's okay, don't worry about it! Just remember that I knew when your birthday was, and you didn't," I say in a sad voice.

"It's so unfair! You can Google my birthday! I can't do that! So, please, tell me, when was it?" I stay silent for a second before saying:

"It was today..."

"What! Oh my god, okay, I'll be right back." Tom gets up and leaves. He comes back a few seconds later. "I just called H., so you better run."

I get out of bed before bolting to the kitchen, I don't even make it to the living room before Tom picks me up and throws me on the bed laughing. He starts tickling me and I beg him to stop, but he doesn't and says:

"That's payback!" I laugh and try to push him away, but fail miserably, which makes him laugh even more. Since I keep trying to push him away, he pins my hands at the top of my head with one arm and keeps tickling me with the other.

"Come on Tom, please stop! It's getting late and I have work tomorrow!"

"Okay, okay," Tom gives in, before he stops and lets go of my hands. I sit up and he kisses me:

"Goodnight, B.," he says before we both get in bed.

The next morning, I wake up early and silently leave the room, trying my best not to wake up Tom, who's not working today. I decide to order him croissants, making sure I open the door before the delivery guy rings the doorbell. I then leave him a cute birthday note on the counter. Before I leave, I go back to Tom to kiss him on the cheek and whisper:

"Happy birthday." He smiles, but keeps his eyes closed, so I quietly exit the bedroom before leaving the apartment. The morning goes by quickly, Tom called me when he woke up to thank me for the croissants, before telling me he was excited for tonight and hanging up because I had to go back to work.

"B.! We're done for the day!" Anthony tells me really excited. I laugh:

"Why are you so excited to leave?"

"Well, Seb and I are going to party tonight! With all this filming it's been a long time since we got properly drunk," Anthony replies laughing.

"Have fun you guys!" I say before I leave.

I quickly get back to the apartment, Tom isn't back from his day with Zendaya and Jacob, so I take my time to shower and do my hair and makeup, before putting on my dress.