Power Sucker

"Hey, we need to talk."

"Sure. I just drop Jack off for a sleepover. Do you want me to come to get you?"

"No. It's okay. I'll drop by. It's on my way to work."

"Sure. I'll be here waiting, sweetheart."

"Okay. See you."

10 minutes later, a black FBI issued SUV showed up on Aaron Hotchner's doorstep. The driver parked the SUV and stepped down.

Before she could even knock, Hotch opened the door. He gave her a hug, a brief kiss and invited her in. They sat on the couch, with Hotch handing her a cup of coffee, with Splenda.

"I can hear your brain wheels running even over the phone. What's up?"

"I know you are off the Bureau for more than a year. But what do you know about the Bureau's Assistant Director of National Security?"

"You mean Linda Barnes?"

"Yeah."

"Well, she's a power sucker."

"A what?"

"Power sucker. She sucks all the power she can, and there's never enough power for her to suck."

"Okay, Aaron. You sound so much like Jack now."

"Well, being a full-time dad now, what do you expect?"

"Right. So she sucks power. Got it."

"She also investigated the IRT twice before its disbandment. I think it's around the time when Scratch committed suicide when I almost lost you."

"Oh, honey. You know I would do it for the team, for you."

"Yeah, I know. You've done it when you wanted to protect us from Doyle."

"And I will do it all over again, in a heartbeat."

"Umm. Is there a reason you are asking? She's not giving the team a problem, is she?"

"No. It's probably just me overthinking."

"You know, you can always talk to me."

"I know. I'm sort of being stuck with you the rest of my life anyways."

"You better. I know you want to keep us a secret until the BAU is stable. But honey, Rossi already knows. And it's been almost a year since Reid was arrested in Mexico."

"I know. It's just... I don't know how to tell them. I can't just blurt out when we are in the middle of victimology."

"I can just walk in and kiss you."

"Yeah, right, ex Unit Chief. And what? Put the case on hold? You know that will distract the team."

"Yeah, I know. That's why I'm refraining myself from doing that. But not now." Hotch leaned in and kissed her.

"As much as I want to, I'm too worried for more, right now."

"I know, I'm just giving you a kiss of reassurance that you are doing a great job. It's been a hell of a year. So, can you give me a clue about what's up with Linda Barnes, baby?"

"No. Until I can figure out what she wants, it's still information that I can't share with you."

"Understand. I know you called me from the BAU. For you to come all the way here tells me it's not something small. But, I'm here, always. And, you better get that call."

"It's Garcia."

"Hello, Garcia... Got it... I'm on my way... Right... I'll call JJ."

"Got a case?"

"Uh-huh. Now, give me one last kiss before you made me call in sick for this case." Hotch obeyed.

"You know, that's not such a bad idea. But, Jack needs his superwoman to go and save the world."

"Oh, stop it. I love you. Bye."

"Bye. Love you too."