7.5

I rubbed my eyes as I woke up in my bed, the bed I had back at home. I looked around to see the bright sun peeking through my windows as I looked at the clock, it read 7am. I looked around at my room, seeing exactly how I left it. I sat up and then stepped out of bed grabbing a baseball bat I had sat against my door frame from when I played softball. "Dezzy, Breakfast" I heard a deep voice come from downstairs. I looked out my door and then realized "Dad?" I asked , almost launching myself down the stairs. I hugged him and smiled "Oh my god" I said looking up at him and then hugging him tighter "What's wrong honey?" I heard my mom's raspy voice come from behind me. I looked at her and hugged her tight "Mom." I looked and smiled with tears in my eyes "Where were you?" I still was not sure as to what was going on. I couldn't remember what happened, I just knew this didn't feel right. My mom looked down at me confused and shook her head "I've been here since the last time you saw me" she said laughing and looking at my dad confused "Are you sick kiddo?" he asked, looking at me and putting the back of his hand to my forehead. I shook my head and hit his hand away. "Just love you guys" I said , shaking my head again to get the tears under control. He pulled the bacon off the pan and brought it to the table where we all sat down to eat. My dad loved cooking, he was always so good at it, when he got diagnosed, he quit cooking and I remembered that. I looked around a little confused but it got interrupted when I heard a knock on the door "I'll get it" I said hopping out of my chair without thinking. As I made my way to the door I looked at where my family sat confused. I opened the door and before I could say anything, the dead body of my brother came tumbling towards me. I gasped and stabbed through his head, closing my eyes while doing so. When I opened them up again, I was in the real world, the world that was taken over by the dead. I was surrounded by trees, but no people. As I looked down at the walker I had just killed and saw it wasn't my brother before pulling the knife from its head. "Carl!" I yelled, running in the direction I knew the tracks would be. Once I reached the tracks, I found my bag, laid on the tracks, with a water bottle placed next to it. I was left, alone, again.