15. kapa-kapa bullshit

They weren't kidding when they said 7:20 sharp

Molly had shoved me off my bed this morning while Michael swiped the curtains open, graciously welcoming the sunlight into my eyes. I hadn't woken up this early for school in ages and I'm starting to understand why school is usually the core cause of committing federal crimes.

Surprisingly, Luna isn't much of a hassle most mornings, ( the mornings I've had the pleasure of spending with her ) however, this morning seemed to be the breaking point parents usually had with their kids. The kind that makes them regret ever not wearing a condom.

She wasn't too happy to hear that she'd been given a babysitter for the day while we left to school. As soon as we broke the news, all hell broke loose. Luna was incredibly fussy, refusing to open her eyes and comply to Michael's pleas. He would attempt to bribe her with all sorts of sweets, toys, and even promised she'd get to paint my nails if she listened. I was about to object when he sent me a very stern glare, willing me to shut up.

Even I knew my limits, I guess.

She pouted, whined, and dove straight under the covers.

Molly attempted to smother the girl in tickles, Luna's squeals of surprise giving us hope for her to get out of her funk. But, it only lasted a minute until she fell back again and tossed herself back onto the bed.

Molly already had warned us about the amount of time we were wasting, so in a moment of pure desperation, I coddled the girl in the thickest blanket I could find and carried her off the bed, downstairs, and out the door. Luna fussed the whole way down, kicking and whining into my chest.

Minus the fact that it was seven in the fucking morning, it was weird how content I was with this reaction. It was better than having her fear me. She seemed to be comfortable enough to kick my stomach, which I took very flattering. It was better to tire her out now and have time pass while she stayed with Mabel.

However, that wasn't the case at all.

"Well, I'll be damned. You're a daddy now?" Mabel exclaimed, a palpable expression of pure confusion and amusement when she saw me slowly carry Luna out of the car wrapped in a blanket.

"Depends on what you're referring to."

"Shh, shh, sensitive ears. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

That was incredibly hypocritical, but points for comedic timing.

Shaking my head, I make my way towards her, "Listen May, we need your help."