Birthday

*UNEDITED.* 

Aradhana-

Next morning I opened my eyes as I felt hot on my face. I looked beside me to find him sleeping peacefully beside me. Aww! he looked so cute! I placed his little head on the pillow but the next second he blinked his eyes open yawning. I kissed his forehead and was about to get down when he grabbed my hair and pulled them.

I settled back in my position and pulled him on my lap. He played with my hair- pulling them, staring at them was the most often things he did.

He kept his head on my chest still holding my hair and kept doing things. I freshened up locking him in his own bed. After bathing when I came out, a particular corner of my room where he was lying- was filled with a disgusting smell. I smacked my forehead realizing the situation. I quickly wore my bath gown and picked him up. I realised that what I needed was not in stock. I still changed his diaper and put over a shirt which was oversized for him. I quickly went to the nearest shop and bought two packs of diapers with me.

Soon I made him wear that and sighed in relief. I punched my nose as the smell again hit it. I took out the room fresher and sprayed it around the whole room.

I carried him to the kitchen and made some maggi. I was searching for a fork when I noticed a packet. I pulled it our and found a pair of chopsticks. He gave it on my birthday as a gift. That time I was really fond of chopsticks. I decided to use it.

*Flashback

I was excited. Really really excited. But all that excitement vanished when I checked that there was no preparations for my birthday. I got sad. On opening my Instagram, there were more than 25 dm's and 23 requests! I typed a thank you and then copied it. Pasted it into each contact. Giving replies is so irritating. But there was one particular message which caught my eye. It was from Aditya. I opened his chat and read the whole thing.

"Hello sweetheart! Many many happy returns of the day. I guess I wont be able to attend your b'day party Cuz I need to go somewhere and it is very important. Hope you won't get offended. Sorry for the inconvenience. Yes remember someone from my side will come and give you the gift on my behalf. And yes always keep that beautiful smile of your up and keep growing! Again a very happy birthday cupcake! 💖😘😘 Bye- "

I don't think there will be any party! Everyone seems to have forgotten my birthday.

So, he also won't be coming. Then why am I so excited that today is my birthday when no one in my family remembers? I took a bath and got ready for my college. Hoping at-least to get a single face to face wish. I went yo college on my cycle. As I locked it I noticed some girls going somewhere with a lot of decorative items. I sighed. Only if these were for my birthday? Still I could see a ray of hope. I went to the canteen and had a sandwich with a cup of veg soup. That was yummy.

I headed towards my first class. Some girls wished me a happy birthday. I thanked them. But as I reached my class I found it empty. I became more sad. Then I saw a notice on the notice board-

'Today's classes have been cancelled due to some reason. Students who want can come but there will be no studies today. Students can only go to the permitted places- Library, ground, canteen.

Have a good day.

Co-Ordinator'

I decided to sit in the library and read some of my favorite books. On asking the librarian she said that we can read books but cannot go to the restricted section without permission. I requested her to grant me permission from that section. I found a really interesting book and decided to write a summary on it. From that time I became a fan on the half-blood prince. It was in the restricted section because there are some lip-lock scenes in it.