Boyd Swan Part Three

For the rest of the month, you got to know all the guys. By now, you knew every embarrassing story about all of them, especially Grady. Fortunately, Grady had warmed up to you even after you knocked him on his ass for the second time.

You had been playing with Shay when you overheard the guys talking about the incident at the train station. You chucked at you heard Grady grumble and say,

"She won't catch me off guard again. Next time, she'll been on her pretty little ass." You rolled your eyes at this and continued to stroke Shay's silky fur.

Later that day, you heard the guys talking about actually getting Grady to fight you. Boyd was protesting as you walked into the room and everyone fell silent.

"Well, lets do it then." You said.

"(Y/N)-"

"I can take care of myself Boyd." You replied interrupting him. "Now, I don't want any blood in my carpet, so I suggest we go outside." You said and walked towards the door. You looked back to see the men still sitting. "Well, what are you waiting for? You scared to take on a girl Grady?" You saw the determination in Grady's eyes as he got up. Again Boyd tried to protest, but you hushed him and finally the men came outside.

As you got outside, Don said,

"Okay, if we're actually gonna go this, then we're gonna need some ground rules." Everyone nodded at this and he continued. "Okay, first, no groin shots for you," he said looking at you, "and no chest shots for you coonass."

"No face shots." Boyd said quickly.

"Where's the fun in that Boyd?" You said.

"Face shots are permitted." Said Don. "No grabbing hair either. That's about it." You nodded and took up a fighting stance. You knew hand to hand combat as good as you knew the alphabet; you knew that you were going to win, but that didn't make you cocky.

"Ready, fight!" Don said. Right away Grady rushed you and you dodged to the side and he flew by you. He turned around and you landed a solid punch to his jaw. He threw a right hook and you easily dodged it and countered with a punch to the gut. He didn't double over, but you could tell that it hurt bad. He quickly knocked your feet out from under you and you fell. You rolled to the side just ask Grady was about to land a kick to your stomach. You flipped yourself back up and put your fists in front of your face.

"That all ya got Grady?" You mocked. He came at you again with a left jab followed by a right hook which you easily defended against. You countered with a feint to the right and a left uppercut to the chin then backed off. Finally, you finished him off with a roundhouse kick to the face, effectively knocking him down. You pinned him to the ground and heard the men cheer.

"Okay okay I give up!" Grady said and you let go of him. You got to your feet then held out your hand which Grady took gratefully. You helped him up then he shook your hand. "Boyd, you got a real keeper here." He said.

After the fight, you and Grady had gotten along better that good.

You crawled out of bed on the day that they had leave and left Boyd to sleep in. They only had to be at the station by 7:00pm and you wanted to make a huge breakfast for the guys as a going away present. You put some clothes on and crept into the kitchen to find don sitting at the table.

"Good morning (Y/N)." He said quietly.

"Morning." You replied and sat down beside him. You wanted to say something to Don about how he kept Boyd alive and you decided to say it now. "Hey Don?"

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to thank your for bring Boyd home alive. I'm so grateful for that and I know you'll bring him home alive again." You said with tears in your eyes.