"A ghost," Pietro whispered in Peter's ear, spooking the kid enough to make him jump and swat Pietro away. "I'm sure Tony can replace it," he added, nonchalantly, not even letting his eyes go over to Spencer's.

Which she's half relieved about.

"So what do you mean by training?" Spencer asked, switching the subject as quickly as she could. Pietro glanced at her before heading in her direction near the fridge.

"It's different for all of us," Wanda admitted, then launched into an explanation that Spencer was really just nodding along to. She stopped eventually when she got a phone call.

"It's Clint," she said to no one in particular before picking up the phone.

Spencer breathed out a sigh of relief, letting her eyes flicker back down to the garbage can again.

"Are you alright?"

The voice is quiet, barely discernible, but Spencer knows it's there because it's accompanied by a warm breath on her ear that makes her spin on her ear.

She's facing Pietro.

She's meeting eyes with Pietro.

She's really close to Pietro.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," she managed after a second, her eyes flickering down to the garbage can.

"Did you do that?" he asked, and Spencer almost looked up at him irritably before he said, "It doesn't matter. Stark will replace it."

Spencer nodded, and just as she looked back up at him, there was a mug of coffee being extended to her.

Spencer blinked, realizing it was for her.

"Oh, thanks-"

"We are even," is all Pietro said in response.

A cup of coffee barely repaid the shit Spencer went through last night, but she only reacted with a roll of her eyes. Coffee was more than she expected from that drunk of a patient.

"They're on their way back," Wanda reported when she ended the phone call. "They should be here tonight- what?" she asked Pietro, irritable.

"Were you going to let me talk to Barton?" Pietro questioned, narrowing his eyes on his sister.

"I rather not waste my battery on the two of you bickering," Wanda said, looking back at Spencer. "So? Will you come?"

"Yeah," Spencer said. "I'll come."

She gulped down her coffee - she knew she was going to need it.

✰✰✰

SPENCER WALKED INTO THE GYM ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES LATER.

In that thirty minutes, she had finished breakfast, gotten changed into gym shorts, a t-shirt, and gave herself a pep talk in the mirror.

You can do this. It's like gym class. 

Peter, Wanda, and Pietro were already in the gym when she got there.

"Spencer!" Wanda exclaimed, and Spencer made her way over to her. "Hi!"

"Hey," she said. "What's up?"

"I'm glad you came," Wanda told her with a smile. Her hair had been pulled back into a ponytail and she was wearing tight black leggings and a redshirt.