Chapter 18: A Friend

Start from the beginning

"I think it's getting to the both of us," Natasha says as she holds my hand.

"Is Steve telling Sam everything?" I ask.

"Yep. I can tell that Steve trusts him, so we are going to have to go with it," Natasha tells me and I nod.

"Why don't don't you freshen up? I'll see if I can find some new clothes for you to wear," Natasha says with a small smile making me chuckle.

"Alright," I tell her and she turns around before I gently grab her arm.

She turns back and looks at me confused, but then smiles when I pull her in. I cup her cheek and connect our lips. Natasha places her hand on my bicep as she kisses back. After a few seconds we pull away. Both of us have a smile on our faces as we stare into each other's eyes. Natasha kisses me one last time before leaving the bathroom.

I turn on the shower and quickly take off my clothes. I then step in and let the warm water hit my body. I run my fingers through my hair and wince slightly when my hand hits a cut on top of my head. I take my hand out and see blood on it which then disappears because of the water.

"Shit," I say as I finish washing myself.

For all I know, S.H.I.E.L.D. could of contaminated the explosives with the poison that doesn't let me heal, which explains why I threw up. It wasn't enough though to stop the full healing process, only some of it.

After a few minutes I get out of the shower and dry myself. I open the door slightly and see clothes on the bed for me to change into. I quickly change into black jeans and a dark red shirt before drying my hair and then pulling the black leather jacket on.

I throw the towel in the laundry hamper in the room before walking out to see Sam, Natasha, and Steve in the kitchen. "My turn," Natasha says walking past me with a smile.

"Nice to meet you officially," I say as I hold my hand out for Sam, "Evalina."

"Sam, but I assume you already know that," he tells me and I nod.

"You okay, Evalina?" Steve asks, talking about earlier.

"Yeah," I say sitting in a chair, "I'm good. So, Sam. Steve told you the story?" I ask before thanking him as he hands me a glass of water.

"Yep, kind of insane to have three Avengers in my house," he says and I freeze as I look up at him then towards Steve.

"What?" Steve asks me, "It's obvious about Natasha and I. I trust him, alright, so please trust me."

I keep my eyes trained on Steve before looking at Sam. "One word to anyone and you will not see the next day," I tell him sternly and his eyes go wide.

I laugh before taking another sip of my water. "I'm joking," I tell him and he relaxes slightly, "But seriously. Not one peep."

"Got it," Sam says quickly.

"You're good, Steve," I hear Natasha's voice say from the guest room.

Steve send me a look before walking away. "So, sorry for flirting with your girlfriend a few days ago," Sam says breaking the silence and I raise an eyebrow at him, "Come on, it's pretty obvious."

I just nod as I continue drinking my water. "I'm gonna go check on Steve and Natasha," I say before standing up and walking to the guest room, but I stop right before entering when I hear Steve's voice.

"You okay?"

"Yeah," Natasha replies and I lean against the wall. I know it is rude to ease drop, but this is my girlfriend we're talking about. If something is bothering her, I want to know so I can be there for her.

"What's going on?" Steve asks her.

It's silent for a few seconds before Natasha responds. "When I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought I was going straight," then it's silent for a few seconds again, "but I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA."

I look down at the ground realizing that it's the same for me. "I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but I guess I can't tell the difference anymore," Natasha says and I feel my heartbreak at her words. Knowing that she feels like this pains me.

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business," I hear Steve tell her and Natasha lightly chuckles.

"I owe you," I hear Natasha tell him.

"It's okay."

"If it was the other way around, and it was down to either me or Evalina to save your life, now you be honest with me, would you trust us to do it?" Natasha asks and I wait for Steve's answer.

"I would now," he tells her and I smile slightly, "And I'm always honest."

"Well you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing."

"Well, I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting," Steve says and that's when I walk in.

"Hey, guys," I say with a small smile as I sit besides Nat.

Steve sends me a small smile and Natasha does the same. "I made breakfast," Sam says walking in, "If you guys eat that sort of thing."

"We'll be right there," I tell Steve and he nods as he leaves the room.

"You know," Natasha says making me look at her, "It's rude to ease drop." I chuckle lightly when the smile grows on her face.

"Just have to make sure you're okay," I tell Natasha as I hold her hand.

"I'm always okay with you."

~~~

Well, Evalina is not healing fully like she should be and she finally go properly introduced to Sam. I hope you all enjoyed and don't forget to comment, vote, and stay safe!

~ The Author