Chapter 27

(Alexis's POV)

I go to my room and go to lay on my bed. I wonder where Mr.Rabbit is. A few minutes Sykkuno and daddy come into my room. I look over at them and they have a nervous look on their faces.

"What?" I ask.

"Umm..I know you will probably be upset but..umm.."Daddy starts.

"Mr.Rabbit fell apart in the dryer..I'm sorry Lexi.." Sykkuno says. I don't know what to say. It's like the whole world stopped and everything was crumbling down around me.

"N-no he can't be gone..you're lying!" I tell them. Tearing up.

"Lex..I'm not lying. I'm really sorry..it's all my fault." Sykkuno says.

"It's not all your fault syk..it's my fault too." Daddy tells him.

"You're mean! You said I'd get him back! I can't believe you did that!" I cry into my pillow. It was the last thing my dad gave me. And Mr.Rabbit has helped me get through life with mummy and my stepdad. I told him everything. Now he's gone..

"We can get you another one.." daddy tells me. I just turn away from him so my back faces them. I feel like I have lost a part of myself almost. I hear them sigh and leave the room. This is honestly the worst thing ever..

***

(Corpse's POV 2 days later)

Lexi still refuses to leave her room. She only comes out for necessary things, like to use the bathroom, eat a little and that's about it.

This is taking a toll on me too. I hate seeing my little girl upset. I barely notice that Ash is taking to me..

"Corpse..? Are you okay?"

"No..I just want her to be happy..I feel like I'm failing her as a dad.." I say.

"How about you just go spend some time with her. This must feel like a huge loss to her since she's had the stuffed animal forever. Just go be there for her that might help.."

"That's..that's a good idea Ash. Thank you." I say before going to her room. She must have never noticed me come in.

I lay carefully next to her and pull her into my chest for a hug. She looks up at me with sad eyes then wipes her tears on my shirt.  

"Want to talk at all?" I ask her.

"I've had him since I was 3..I know 2 years isn't a long time but we went through a lot together..?" She explains.

"Well..mr.rabbit was the only one you could trust..now you have me, Sykkuno, ash, jack, Poki, Rae and many others. They all love you so much."

"But he never judged me for what happened when mummy and stepdad watched me.."

"I won't judge you ever..you can tell me everything baby." I say. I'm actually quite scared of the possible outcomes right now.

"Promise?" She asks. The same tone as when I first met her. I hold out my pinky for her.

"I promise baby. Nothing in your past will make me think of you differently." She locks pinkies with me and starts telling me about her life back at home.

⚠️⚠️⚠️

She told me everything. It started when her biological dad left. Her mom threatened to hit her but never did until a week later. Her mom told her she couldn't have friends at school so that's why she turned to her bunny.

About 3 months later her mother's boyfriend was added into the equation. He would hit her too. They barely fed her or gave her anything to drink. She said she would drink water from the bathroom sink because it's all she could get.

Her stepdad and his friends would do much worse. She said how they would touch her and her mom would just watch. She was how they got money for alcohol and drugs.

Her parents had her drink alcohol once for their own enjoyment. They are sick fucks..I know if I ever come across one of them again I'll beat them to death.

✅✅✅

I look at her and she's in tears. I'm try to hide my anger towards the people she was forced to call her parents for 4 years.

"I'm so sorry all that happened bug..but now you don't have to worry. You are in a much safer place. Nothing will ever hurt you I promise." I hold her a little tighter.

She just sniffles and hides her face in my chest. "I Love you." She mumbles. That makes me smile.

"I love you too babes. How about you get some sleep? You seem tired." She just nods and soon drifts off to sleep. I love this child too much.

Sykkuno pokes his head through the door then waddles in like a little penguin before laying down to cuddle me. I could live like this forever.

—————————

I get my glasses in 2 weeks!!!

-Andy💕