Chapter 13

(Corpse's POV)

My alarm rings through my bedroom at 6am. I roll out of bed after turning it off and go into Lexi's room. She looks so peaceful right now. I bring my hand to her shoulder and shake her lightly.

"Hey Lex..we need to get you up and ready for preschool." She wakes up a few minutes later. I bring her to the bathroom so I can get her ready. "I'm going to pick you out some clothes."

She gives me a slight nod before I go back to her room. I pick out a white T-shirt, jean jacket and pink shorts along with a pair of vans then I return to her.

She allows me to dress her and then we go to the kitchen for breakfast. "Can I help?" She asks.

"Of course. Want to grab the strawberries and bananas?" She nods and gets them for me while I get the almond milk, coconut oil, chia seeds and powdered ginger.

She helps me put everything into the blender. I pour it into two glasses and give her a straw before starting to make her lunch. In her lunch box is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Chex mix, grapes and a grape juice box. I also fill her water bottle and place everything into her backpack.

"Is the smoothie good?" She nods and I drink some from my glass. It was good. When we are finished I clean the glasses and put them away.

"Want me to do your hair?"

"Yes please." I brush through it and make two ponytails and place a bow on the left side.

"Okay I'm ready." She says to me while placing her bunny in her backpack.

"Okay bug." I pick her up and take her bag before taking her to the car.

She has the biggest smile on her face. I put on my mask and drive to the preschool thanks to directions on my phone.

I get out of the car and she holds my hand walking into the building. There is a woman who is in her early 20's, has brunette hair and hazel eyes. "Oh hello Alexis! It's so great to see you."

"Hi Ms.Kelley."

"And who is this?" She asks motioning to me.

"That's my new daddy!" She says excitedly.

"Hi. I'm Corpse...weird name I know but.." I scratch the back of my neck feeling a little awkward.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you. Alexis seems much happier with you.." she says referring to when her other parents dropped her off.

"That's great to hear. And it's nice to meet you too. When do I have to pick her up?" I ask.

"2:30." She tells me.

"Okay bug. I'll be back at 2:30 to pick you up. I love you." I give Lexi a quick kiss on her head.

"Okay daddy. I love you too." She kisses my cheek before going over to the group of kids.

Leaving her was harder on me than her. I've grown so attached to her over the past few days it will be weird without her here on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I head home to start putting our things in boxes. I just hope that everything will go smoothly..I really want Sykkuno to be my roommate. He's just a really sweet person.

—————————

Quick little filler chapter:)

-Andy 💕