distance | minsung

Start from the beginning

minho looked back to see jisung's sad eyes, endless tears still falling down his soft cheeks. it pains to see him like this, it pains to leave him behind, it pains to even walk away from him.

"i'm sorry." minho whispered out, hoping that jisung would hear it or at least read his mouth. he wants the younger to know that he is truly sorry and if he ever had a choice, he would come back for him.

jisung felt like he wouldn't be able to watch him go so he looked away, staring at the concrete floor as his tears dropped one by one. he could feel a stabbing pain in his chest as he tried to walk away, stopping himself from looking back.

when jisung got home that day, he was interrogated by his parents, asking where he went. when he told them what happened, they laughed at him.

"that's what you get for being gay."

jisung was taken aback by his dad's words. his parents never approved of him being gay, always belittling his feelings and making fun of his sexual orientation.

but what his dad said hurt him, knowing that it might've contributed to why minho left him.

"he probably left you because he hated you. i bet he wasn't even gay and just wanted to play with your feelings." his mom scoffed and rolled her eyes, trying to anger the already broken jisung.

"the university was just an excuse, he definitely thought that you're disgusting." his dad continued, snickering when he sees jisung clenching his fists.

"he loves me!" not being able to take it anymore, jisung yelled out angrily. his eyes were wide open and his lips quivered in anger. he couldn't let his parents words get to him.

"then why did he leave you even when you begged him to stay? is that what you call love?"

jisung clenched his fists tighter, his nails slowly digging further into his skin. he really wanted to yell and trash his own house to show protest but he knows that would bring him no good.

he let out a loud groan before sprinting into his room, slamming the door before him. he leaned onto the door and slid down, holding tight onto his knees.

that night, he cried and cried until he can't cry anymore. he was affected badly by this parents words because even if he tried to avoid it, he can't deny that what they said could be true. what if minho really hated him?

—————

jisung couldn't take it anymore. the reocurring dream is haunting him every day since it happened and he just wants to run away. maybe if he go somewhere else he could forget everything.

that night he couldn't get back to sleep, but he had planned out something. he looked through his closet and found his travelling backpack, the one he used back when he travelled with his sister.

he took it out and started packing his essentials, everything he needed on a road trip. he planned to go far, far away from his hometown. this place holds too much bad energy for him to stay longer.

after he's done packing, he went out of the house and locked it. looking back at it one last time, every memory he had in there flashed before his eyes.

he shook the thoughts away and walked to the nearby train station and bought a ticket to seoul. he himself had never been to the city since he had been here all his life, but he wanted to go there since the risk of people finding him is lower in such big city.

four hours had passed and he finally arrived at the centre of seoul. he gaped in awe when he sees the tall buildings right in front of him. it is something he didn't expect to see but here he is, admiring every piece and corner of the city.