chapter 10

Lexi woke up the next morning and tried to get up, but was stopped by a pair of hands tightly wrapped around her waist. The events from last night came up to her mind and she couldn't help it but feel the butterflies in her stomach. James had helped her with her nightmare, she didn't know how he knew what to say to her but from wherever he had learned it it helped her a lot.

She gazed at him for a while, he looked so peaceful when he slept and she wanted to stay in his arms, feeling safe, forever. James stirred in his sleep and his eyes fluttered open. He smiled when he saw the beautiful girl ,he was crushing on, in front of him with his jumper on and his arms wrapped around her small frame.

" Hi" he said with a smile on his lips

" Hey" Lexi replied and smiled too

" What time is it? '' James asked and looked to his bed stand where his clock stood " SHIT!" he yelled " Lexi it's 9:30. We are late! " He stood up from the bed and started looking for his clothes.

" Shit! I have to go back to the Slytherin common room. Ugh! McGonagall is gonna kill me" she said and too stood up from the bed searching for her things.

" No time to go back to the common room. Here take the jumper if you speed walk now you will only be 5 minutes late " James told her throwing a clean jersey to her

" Thanks. I better run. Talk to you later " she called exiting the Marauders' dorm . Lexi practically sprinted to her Transfiguration classroom.

" I'm so sorry for being late, Professor McGonagall" she said blushing lightly when all eyes were on her

" No problem, Miss Peterson. You may take your seat and maybe change into your houses' uniform for your next class" McGonagall replied with a smirk on her face. Hm, weird. Why was McGonagall smirking at me? Lexi wondered but dismissed it.. Lexi took her seat next to Ava and took out her books, when she was elbowed hard.

" Hey! What was that for?! '' Lexi whisper-shouted not wanting to draw anymore attention to herself

" Oh I don't know, maybe because i wonder why in Salazar's name are you wearing James-fucking- Potter's quidditch jumper " she said eager to know the answer

" WHAT ?! '' Lexi said a little too loud with widened eyes " His quidditch jumper?! Now I get why McGonagall was smirking at me . "

" Yes. Because you have Potter on you back. Now tell me why are you wearing his jumper" Ava asked once more

" It was late and everyone had gone to sleep, he didn't want me wandering alone back to the common room so I spent the night at his dorm. He gave me his jumper this morning so i won't be that late for McGonagall's class" Lexi explained.

" You have to change before the next class and let's hope in Merlin's pants this doesn't get out of this room. Imagine if people like Rosier or Bellatrix find out. They will sure as hell send a letter to your parents. I don't want you to get hurt, Lex" Ava said with a sad smile on her face. She knew how Lexi's parents can be and she didn't want them knowing of this

" Merlin, I hadn't thought about that. " Lexi began to panic. She would get punished if they did find out.

The rest of the class went as normal. After the bell rang she made her way to the Slytherin common room, luckily she saw no one on her way. When she changed into a black tank top and a new skirt she put her robes on and made her way to the great haul for lunch. Since she skipped breakfast, the girl was hungry, a lot

Lexi walked through the big oak doors and sat at her table next to Regulus . She didn't even greet him, already started pulling all sorts of food on her plate

" Woah, slow down, hyena. I pray for the poor chicken you just teared apart. '' Reggie laughed at her glare. After she ate a little her features softened.

" Sorry, Reg. I skipped breakfast and I was really hungry. Anyways how are you? I feel like we haven't talked in forever"

" We might have if you weren't so busy with your boyfriend" he added with a smirk. Lexi turned as red as a beetroot and stuttered at her response

" Wha- What? James isn't my boyfriend"

" I never said it was James" he laughed again

" Oh, shove off" she laughed this time. Lexi and truly missed talking so much with her best friend.

She talked with Regulus about everything and anything that had happened the past week. Everyone saw Regulus as the " dark " brother of Sirius Black, a lot of people feared him because he was a Slytherin and never approached him. But no one knew him the way Lexi knew him. He was the little brother she never had and she was the sister he had always wanted to have.

After lunch Lexi had a couple of other classes but they ended in the early afternoon. She could have gone to the library to read a book but she had just finished a book. Speaking of books, Lexi and James had started to see each other during the day but mostly at night to read. Most of the time it was just Lexi reading and James being comfortably laid on her lap. But sometimes James insisted on reading.

Lexi made her way to the seventh floor where she walked around a couple of times until a door appeared. The room of requirement. She and James had started to come here a lot lately because she didn't feel welcomed in the Gryffindor common room. Despite James' protest she still wanted them elsewhere. James was 100% not gonna step a foot in the snake's den, so after brainstorming James thought of the room of requirement and Lexi agreed with the idea.

" Hey" James greeted

" Hi" Lexi replied smiling at him. " We have a couple more chapters left. Wanna finish them tonight? "

" Yeah, but on one condition thought." she looked at him suspiciously "I want to read tonight. You are the one to always read, let me do it for ones" she was about to disagree but decided against it and nodded her head.

They sat down of one of the couches in the room. The room was quite comfy and cosy. It had a fireplace with a few couches and blacks. It also had a lot of bookshelves with even more books Lexi wanted to read. Little to say she was extremely happy.

James started reading and Lexi laid her head on his shoulder, listening to his voice and relaxing. James' voice was extremely relaxing for her. The way he changed his tone sometimes to impression the character made her laugh every time.

Lexi felt slightly guilty for reading without James so she just went back to the common room. Did some homework and then went to dinner, this time seating next to the Marauders. As always it was a mix of laugher, witty comments, flirtation and overall happiness. Lexi truly felt at home with her friends there for her. She wondered what she did to deserve all the happiness the Marauders, the girls, Regulus and James gave her. But then again after 16 years of living in that hell hole she deserves some happiness

A/N

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY GUYS! 

Here's a little chapter. Hope you like it. 

I'm thinking of changing the cover of the book, so if anyone has the time of wants to help , I would really appreciate it.

Anyways, hope you have a great week and as always

Vote/ Comment/ Share/ etc.