39.| You Can't Save Them All

Start from the beginning

Lucas's eyes widened. "W-what? No, Dorian If you don't let go of me. I swear I will kill you."

"None of us won't have to die if help is on the way. Let's hope it is." Dorian responds

Lucas shook his head. "Please. Dorian s-stop." he paused mid-sentence before groaning out in pain.

The Nephilim was having a vision, or more like he was able to see what Josie had been doing. The Gemini witch was currently performing a spell for which she had to use a lot of her magic for. But when she used her magic, it only somehow transferred into Lucas. He was like a sponge that soaked in all the dark magic.

But if he took ahold of too much, it could overkill him.

"D-Dorian, Ple—Ah!" Lucas groaned holding onto his head.

The man didn't listen, he continued to drag the Nephilim through the woods. Completely ignoring his screams in pain. Part of Dorian wanted to help him, but the man wasn't strong enough to fight the compulsion.

"Come on, Dorian. It's not too late." Lucas says trying to break free. "Dorian, you can fight this."

Now in the shadows was a dark figure. Who walked a step closer towards the two. Lucas assumed it was the person who wanted him dead.

"I'm sorry, Luc," Dorian says before putting the Nephilim in a chokehold. "I promise I'd keep you safe."

With that, the dark figure came into the light but they had on a robe that covered their face. Just like that, the figure placed their arm back—in a throwing position.

"But I have to hold you while they throw the sword at you." Dorian continued

Small whimpers were coming from Lucas's mouth. He was afraid that the prophecy would now be fulfilled. And once that sword went into him, there would be no coming back. Especially if his vessel would be destroyed by the sword.

"I have to—I have to hold you." Dorian whispers

And just as the figure threw the sword, Dorian turned around and took the hit. Lucas watched as the man fell onto his knees, holding his sides.

Lucas quickly stood up and walked towards Dorian who was on the ground. "Hey, You- you- you'll be okay. I'll go get help You'll be okay."

"You won't make it on time. Just stay with me." The man pleaded

Lucas nodded. "O-Okay," he says glancing at the sword.

The Nephilim tried placing his palms to heal him but the black magic seemed to have stopped him from doing any good. Lucas shouted in anger.

"Lucas. It's all right." Dorian says between painful pants. "It's not your fault, all right? No matter what happens, you're still one of the heroes."

"Dorian—"

"You hear me? No matter what. Say it with me. No matter what." Dorian repeats

Lucas shook his head. "N-no."

"Say it!"

Lucas sniffled. "O-okay. N-no m-matter what."