Ch 7. Signs Of Love

Nero P.O.V

May 29th, 2019

Devil May Cry (Shop)

11:34 AM

I wake up feel tired of the lack of sleep from last night. All I keep thinking about that damn kiss from last night. I yawn and get out of my bed. I'm hungry so I walk towards the kitchen to get some breakfast.

I arrive at the kitchen, seeing everyone is awake including Y/N. He probably notices that I was acting odd yesterday after the kiss, so I should try act like nothing happened, so I won't confront an awkward conversation.

"Morning." 

They all greeted me back. During breakfast I try to act casually, but every time I see Y/N, I remember the kiss. Luckily for me he didn't mention it.

After we ate some breakfast I go to the bathroom and take a shower. After that I go walk towards downstairs. While walking I hear Dante speaking to someone through the phone. After I go downstairs Dante hangs up the phone and looks at me.

"Hey Nero, I just got a call from Mr. Morrison. He got a several complains about an abandoned church being full of shady people. I mention to him that is possible that it is the Cult of Fomortiis he thinks so to. So, I'm planning to go there with Lady and Trish to finish the job."

"And what about me?" I ask.

"I want you and Y/N to watch over the store." He explains.

Again? He is seriously treating me this way again?!

"Really Dante? Why can't I go with you?! You know I can fight too!"

"I know kid. I just want you and Y/N to watch over the store, okay?"

"But- "

"No buts. This is a hard period for Y/N, so I didn't want him to come with us to the mission. I also don't want to leave him alone, so you need to stay with him."

"Why me?" I ask. Probably sounding rude that I didn't want to stay with Y/N.

"Because you're a close friend of him. Is something the matter between you two?" He asks.

"No, nothing." I lie to him.

Dante nods and goes to the kitchen, probably looking for Lady and Trish. I am getting annoyed being threating like I'm weak. I'm also frustrated that I'm stuck with the person I can't stop thinking about. I let out a loud groan and slam the table with my hand.

"Is everything alright?"

I look behind me and see Y/N going down the stairs.

"Yes, everything is alright." I lie.

He looks like he wants to ask further but I interrupt him.

"Dante, Lady and Trish are going to a hideout from those cultists. He wants me and you to watch the store." I explain.

"Nice, we can spend the whole day to ourselves." Y/N smiles innocently, not knowing what I think.

Great, a whole day with the guy that I can't keep thinking about. I hear the walking of the rest of the crew. I look behind me and see that they're carrying all their equipment.

 "So where is this abandoned church?" Lady asks.

"Somewhere out of town. In some kind of local village nearby. I've been told by Mr. Morrison the place is pretty big. Not only that, but the wood of the building is also starting to rot." Dante answer.