Ch 4. Discovering Dark Powers

Y/N P.O.V

May 22st, 2019

Devil May Cry (Shop)

11:21 AM

Dante says today is the day that Lady and Trish come back from their mission. So, Dante is waiting for them to get the report. Meanwhile I am doing different tasks he gives me. It may be boring, but Nero wants to hang out with me, so it makes it less boring.

"Hey Y/N I have something you need to take care of." Dante says. Me and Nero are currently at Dante desk.

"I want you to go do some grocery shopping."

I nodded and Nero reply with." I come with you." With a smile.

"Great, now here is the shopping list and some money." He hands it over me "Nero knows where the store is. And feel free to buy anything else."

We nod and headed towards the store. While walking Nero and I are mostly goofing about. After 5 minutes of walking, we arrive at the store. I wanted to take a shopping cart, but Nero jump in it.

"What are you doing?" I ask him while he is laying down in the cart.

"Just thought it would be fun to rest a bit, so would you do me the pleasure to ride me around?" His face faces mine with a cute smile while he is lying in it. Damn it, why is he so cute?

"I rather not, you're too heavy." I say with a smug face.

"I'm not heavy, you're just weak."

"Are you insulting me?"

"Hey, you started it." We both laugh.

I start pushing the shopping cart Nero is lying in in the store. Some of the other costumers are giving glances at his, but we didn't care. After all we have fun.

"So where do we start?" I give him the shopping list.

"Let's start with the drinks, it should be in the next aisle." He say.

So, I start pushing the car towards the next aisle. In my left side there is all kind of different kind of sodas. Nero start naming the sodas we need a put them in the cart.

"Y' know things would be easier if you get out of the shopping, right?" I wanted to place the soda cans in the shopping cart, but Nero's legs were in the way.

"I have to disagree with that, it is pretty easy for me to lay down this cart." He says with a goofy smile.

"Fine then." I dump the soda cans on Nero's body and start going to the next aisle with the cart. Nero just laugh it off.

"Hey watch it."

"Didn't you just said, 'it is pretty easy for me to lay down this cart'?" I say in an imitating voice.

"Dude, that doesn't even sound close to me."

We go to aisle to aisle. Picking up the last stuff we need from the shopping list. Eventually Nero come to the conclusion that it isn't a good idea to lay in the shopping cart.

"Umm Y/N, can you help me out of here?" He asks while there are different groceries lying on his body.

"You think now is a good idea to lay down in a cart while shopping?" I start helping him out by picking up some groceries.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time." He pulls himself out of the cart with a goofy smile.

"Of course, it is." I reply with sarcasm. "Before we go the cashier, can we buy some candy?"