Chapter 29: Not A Coincidence

*the music I added is really nice to listen to while reading this so I recommend it :)

After it got dark outside, everyone started getting ready for bed. You put on some short athletic shorts and an oversized tshirt like usual. You brushed your teeth and pretended to go to sleep for the last time. The next morning you would be leaving at 7:00. You decided that you would change your alarm to go off at 4:00 instead of 5 since you figured people would be getting up early to pack everything up and you just wanted to play it safe. You closed your eyes and lightly slept for the next hour until it was time to go see Eren.

The time came for you to sneak out, so you did everything like you normally would do and went to him.

"Hey." he said in a low voice as you went up the stairs.

"Hey." you said as he pulled you in and held you close. You were both a little bit less energetic than usual because of your sadness that was weighing you down.

"Tonight I just want to sit and talk with you. Is that okay?" he asked as he put his hand on your head that was resting on him.

"Sounds great to me. Do you have a towel that we could lay on the sand?" you quietly asked without bringing your head off of him.

"I do. I'll go get it. You wait here." You let go of each other and he went inside and got a big beach blanket.

"Come on. Let's go." he said as he held his hand out to you. You grabbed ahold of it and he led you out onto the sand where he then laid the blanket out.

You sat down with your legs folded crisscross style, and he laid down in front of you with his head in your lap. You held onto his face as you both looked at the bright stars.

"You know, I never knew I could get so attached to someone. I feel so stupid for it but I really feel like now that you've come into my life, I would feel really lonely if you left." he quietly admitted.

"It's not stupid at all. That's how you feel, so you shouldn't be embarrassed about it. Besides, I really do feel like we have a special connection. Like we said the other day, it's not a coincidence that we met. Everything that we've done has led us to this point. We're here together for a reason. If we were to quit talking, I would feel empty too. You've become an important person to me. I'm not going to lose you."

"You definitely won't. I'm not going anywhere." he said as he gazed up at you. The vulnerability that was in the atmosphere really made everything you both said even more special and delicate. "I've never felt the way I feel around you and I don't want to lose that."

"There's no need to worry about anything. You won't lose that feeling because you won't lose me."

"You really are the best. Thank you for everything."
he lightly smiled.

"Thank you for everything. You're the one who invited me over and made all of this possible."

"Oh... I have something for you. Close your eyes and hold out your hand." he said as he slowly sat up and faced you.

You did as he said to, and after a second you felt him slip something onto your wrist. "You can open your eyes now."

You looked down and saw a small and simple white braided bracelet around your wrist. The simplicity and delicacy of it was really sweet and it was a great representation of you and Eren's bond. "Thank you so much! This is so pretty. When did you get this?" you asked as you admired it on your wrist.

"I got it yesterday. I was at a store and I saw it on a display and it reminded me of you, so I bought it." he said as he lightly smiled.

"I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to get you anything after all you've done for me." you said.

"It's okay. I don't need anything. I just wanted to get you that because it made me happy. So don't worry about getting anything for me." he said as he took your hand and held it. He laid his head back down in your lap and looked back up at the sky.

You both went silent and just enjoyed each other's presence as you laid under the stars with the sound of waves crashing in the near distance. You felt a tear run down your cheek. You were so incredibly grateful for everything that happened. You couldn't believe that you met someone so amazing and became so close in a short amount of time.

"Is it okay if we just sleep out here until I have to go?" you asked.

"Let's do it." he smiled as he got up and let you lay down beside him. You laid your head and one arm on his chest and laid one leg overtop of his. The warm air and Eren's body kept you comfy as you both happily drifted to sleep.