Chapter 21: Annie

You and Eren went back into the crowded living room and Sasha quickly got up and ran over to you and grabbed your shoulders. "We heard what happened. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay. Just a little shaken up."

"Your mascara is a little messed up. Come on let's go to the bathroom. I'll help you fix it." she said, taking your hand and leading you to the bathroom.

You got in and she opened a cabinet and pulled out some makeup remover and a Q-tip. "Okay here just put a little bit of remover on the Q-tip and get rid of the smudged mascara." she said handing you the supplies.

"Thank you so much Sasha. This means a lot." You started to clean up your face with the remover.

"No problem! I'm just glad you're okay. Anyways I think that Annie has surprisingly taken a liking to Armin."

"Annie? Oh is that the blonde girl?" you questioned.

"Yeah she goes to the same school as me. She's usually pretty quiet and likes to be alone, but she and Armin started talking in the kitchen and she seems to enjoy him. She's been sticking with him all night. I think he seems to like being around her too because he keeps getting kinda touchy with her." Sasha said as she leaned against the wall.

"Really? I don't think he's actually ever really acted out when he likes someone. He usually keeps it to himself. I never imagined he'd get touchy with a girl like that but I'm really happy for him." You were really surprised to hear that Armin was really hitting it off with a girl like that. You felt kind of proud in a way.

"Did you get all the running mascara off?" Sasha asked.

"Yeah I did. Most of it was just a little bit under my eyes so it didn't take off a noticeable about of foundation or anything so I don't think anyone will be able to tell that I removed any makeup." you said as you threw away the Q-tip and handed back the makeup remover.

"Here let me get you some mascara now." Sasha dug through a drawer and pulled out some mascara. "Here you go!"

You started putting it on your eyelashes. "Wow this works really well. My makeup looks good as new. Thanks so much Sasha!"

"You're welcome! Now let's get back out there!"

You both went back into the living room and you sat beside Eren. "I brought our drinks in from outside before anyone could take them. If you want yours, let me know." he said as he showed you the cans that were sitting beside him.

"Oh sure I'll have mine now but only if you have yours too."

"Bet." he said as he tossed a can to you and cracked open his own. He put one of his arms around you and pulled you close. You felt safe with him especially after how he protected you earlier.

As you drank a little, you noticed that Armin and Annie weren't around. "Does anyone know where Armin and Annie are?" you asked a little loudly so that more people would be able to hear.

"Uhh I think that they went to one of the bathrooms." said a girl with short black hair and a scar on her cheek.

"Oh okay. Thanks." you replied. You were wondering who was the dominant one in their actions. You figured that it had to be Annie because Armin seemed so hesitant with stuff like that. But you didn't want to think too much about it because you wanted to let Armin tell you about it if he wanted to. You felt kind of bad thinking about it because you thought Armin would probably be embarrassed if he found out that you knew before he told you.

You and Eren sat and talked to the people that were around you and enjoyed yourselves for a while. You looked at your phone and saw that it was only 2am and you were glad since you didn't have to go back until 5.