Chapter 10: Confession

You arrived to the restaurant after about a 20 minute drive. This restaurant was a lot different from the one you had went to the day before. It was much more beach-y feeling and served things such as burgers, sandwiches, salads, and things like that. There was a lot of outside seating, so your group decided to sit at it. Everyone sat down at whatever table they wanted since the tables were pretty small and it was pretty much impossible to have everyone sit close together. As you scanned the area to decide where to sit, you saw Armin alone at a two person table. You went over to him. This was your chance.

"Armin. Is it okay if I sit here? I really need to talk to you." you said in a serious tone.

"Yes. I actually need to talk to you too..." he said as he looked down at the ground.

You sat down at the small table across from him. You weren't really near anyone else because your table was against the railing that marked the boundary of the outdoor eating area that overlooked a pretty beach view. You were thankful that you were distanced from where everyone else in your group was since you were about to discuss something private.

"I just want to understand why you're so upset..." you said as you looked at him with a sincere expression.

"Because..." He took a pause and then brought his eyes up from the ground to meet yours. "...Because I like you and I didn't know you were fooling around with random guys like that." he said as his face grew red and tears started forming in his eyes.

"Armin... I didn't mean to hurt you. And it was just in the moment. That's the first time something like that has happened. Please don't get the wrong idea about me. You're my best friend and I don't want to ruin anything between us. I never knew you felt like that. I'm so sorry..." you said as tears started forming in your eyes too as you looked at him.

"I guess I was just kind of surprised to see that... but you're not the one that should be apologizing. I am. You had no idea and even if you did know that I liked you, there's still no reason that you should have to apologize for being being interested and having fun with other guys. Besides, I haven't even liked you in that way for very long, so it won't be that hard to get over. There's plenty of other girls out there. But anyways I want to apologize for being selfish and blowing things way out of proportion." he said as he started fully crying, and then giving you a sincere and loving smile.

"Armin... it's okay for you to be upset. I totally get it. All that matters is that we move on from this. Our friendship is the most important thing in the world to me and I was scared to death that I had lost you. So let's promise to tell each other about important things like this from now on. I don't ever want to lose you." you said as you also started fully crying and got up to give him a hug.

You had officially met your goal of making up with him and it felt like an elephant had just been lifted off of your chest. You were so relieved.

After you made up, you decided to tell Armin about how you met Eren's friends and you also told him about your plans for the night. Shortly after you started discussing it, the waiter finally came and took your orders and gave you drinks, but then you just went right back to telling him your plans.

"If you're okay with it, can I text you a few times while you're there to check on you? I want to make sure that everything is going okay. I can also watch to make sure that neither of the teachers go after you." he said as he took a sip of his water.

"That would be great." you said with the biggest smile. You just couldn't help but be so happy that you had made up with him. You were a little shocked to hear that he had feelings for you, but you didn't feel awkward with him. He was still the same Armin you had always known, so there was no reason to suddenly feel weird about him.