𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓭 𝓑𝓻𝓾𝓷𝓬𝓱

Start from the beginning

(𝐵𝓇𝓊𝓃𝒸𝒽 𝑜𝓊𝓉𝒻𝒾𝓉, 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒾𝓂𝒶𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑒𝓁𝓈𝑒)

"Have I ever told you how great of a sister you are?" Chuck asks fictitiously, checking himself out in her small compact as they wait for the elevator to descend to the ballroom. After their little interaction with Dan they borrowed some cheap concealer from one of the maids. "Yes, not my best work but it'll have to do for now" they just needed to get through this brunch.

Once the elevator dings; the two make their rounds to greet some of the important guests, the duo soon finds a table far enough from where their parent's will presumingly sit. Shortly after Nate shows up taking a seat next to Christina and then Blair, remaining as elegant as possible in the hopes of their parents not coming to disturb them. They all share stories of last night, laughing all while reminiscing on all the fun, suddenly Blair scoffs and shakes her head.

"You've got to be kidding." They all turn their head in the direction she's looking. Of course she shows her face, Serena and Derek? Christina rolls her eyes, not surprised she's here but the fact she brought a friend. "This should be fun," The two siblings glance at each other with amused expressions, wherever Serena's at drama is sure to follow.

"Christina, Charles!" Bart beckons his two children over, excusing himself from a conversation. "The invitation said black tie, not black eye" He skims over his son's face, then towards his daughter who's trying to put up a good poker face. "Are you okay? I mean if you're in some kind of trouble..."

"Only of my own making," taking the blame, hoping Christina would stay out of it but it's not in her nature "and I attempted to cover it up a bit, but we haven't touched it up yet." added, trying to keep an appropriate tone with her father not wanting to upset him further.

"Why do you think I do all this, huh? This party is for you two, okay? So you can meet people. You know, become a part of something. Make some kind of change." Bart says, hoping it will finally stick in his children's head, more specifically Chuck.

"Really? I thought it was another excuse for an open bar and rehiring the statues." Bart chuckles under his breath, desperately trying to keep his composer. "Do yourself a favor would you? Touch up the makeup and lose the scotch, it's barely noon." Chuck stares down at his shoes with sadness covering his features. Christina takes his hand, giving it a light squeeze "Let's go get some fresh air." Chuck looks up noticing the hint of mischief on his sister's face.

𝓧𝓞𝓧𝓞

Christina starts making her rounds again, making sure everybody is enjoying themselves and trying to somehow get herself and Chuck back in Bart's good graces. That was until she heard the sound of heels clashing against the floor. "She was waiting in a hotel room for MY boyfriend." Blair says, grabbing the Bass siblings' attention.

"We wanted to talk about why we weren't talking." Nate tries to explain but to anyone with common sense, it made absolutely no sense. "That doesn't sound any smarter the second time." Blair glares at Nate, Chuck and Christina decide it was time to join in on all the fun.

Dan ignores Blair's comment, focusing his eyes on the scared blonde "Why weren't you talking?". A thought pops up in his head, remembering the encounter he had with Nate and the two basses "Does this have anything to do with why you were waiting for Serena this morning?"

Blair redirects her attention to Nate, "You were what?!" The siblings finally reach the group "And here we thought you were waiting for us" Chuck says as the two take a place in between Dan and Serena.