Cupid 💘

Little Backstory: A girl who has heard of the concept of love many times has some touble with it Valentine's Day oneshot!

(Fluff and a tiny bit of angst)

*also the song on top is just for fun*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Randon POV)

Richard Michael Bowen, also known as Ricky is a hopeless romantic despite having to grow up with divorce parents. He didn't want his love life to end up like his parents so he never looked up them about this topic. He mostly looks up to his grandma about love. His grandma would always tell him stories about her and his grandfather before he passed away. 

She always said "Everyone wants to be the sun to light up someone's day, but why not be the moon and brighten someone's darkest hours?" Her husband taught her that when they were young. Ricky hopped that one day he could find his moon. 

Nina Salazar-Roberts, known as Nini had just move to Salt Lake after her mom had gotten a new job. Her mother wanted to move ever since she divorced her now ex-husband. Nini wasn't fond of the idea of moving of course. She liked her old house and didn't want to leave her friends which is funny because her friends were quiet toxic to her. 

Nini also thought that love was ridiculous. Her parents might have recently gotten a divorce but she knew they never loved each other since she was a little girl. Before moving, Nini was in a rather toxic relationship. It wasn't like her ex would abuse her or call her names, he was just very distant. He would always forget about their dates and would flirt with other girls behind her back. 

Her ex ended up breaking things off in a text which didn't surprise Nini at all, but that doesn't mean it still didn't hurt. Their relationship wasn't all toxic. What they had in the beginning was something but it just wasn't meant to be. She got her hopes up, she didn't think love was that important but she still dreamed about it at night. 

She never had a good example of love, that's what made her think it was so stupid. She thought it was childish and it only happened in movies. But what if her moving into this quiet town and meeting a particular brown eyed boy change her whole view of the "childish thing?"

~~~ 

Its been about eight months since Nini has moved into this place. She has made some friends who she admits are much better than her old ones. Her friends Gina and Ashlyn were running up to her once they saw her walking through the hallways of East High.

"hey Neens!" they both say while catching her breath. 

"hey guys? why do you guys look so happy its Monday," Nini was confused. 'its literally Monday and they have this energy at 7 in the morning?'

"cause its February neens," Gina leans against her locker.

"ok and?" Nini stifled out a laugh. 

"Which means love is in the air," Ashlyn smirks 

"More like pollution," Nini was half joking, she wasn't wrong. 

"Ok yes but do you know what's coming up?" Nini looks at them confused. 

"you know teddy bears? Roses? Chocolate that comes in heart shaped boxes?" Nini still doesn't budge.

"Valentines Day ya dummy," Nini jumps a little at the sudden voice behind her. 

"geez Ricky you scared me a bit." the boy chuckles a little.

"Anyways what are you guys doing for Valentines this weekend?" He asks the girls.